Caravan shows

Old August 22nd 05, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Default Caravan shows

As this will be the very last year that we are going to motorhome shows,
the last being Shepton next month, I am looking for a large outdoor
caravan show or two to visit next year. I always take the van and stay
on the show ground, mainly because my partner is so severely disabled so
shows such as the Earls Court [the other London dump] are definitely not
acceptable. Any sensible suggestions for decent locations based on
personal experience will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
--
RH
Old August 22nd 05, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jon

Try the Lawns at Cottinham near Hull in the East Riding of Yorkshire. The
show is held annually in early September, in a couple of weeks.

Jon

Old August 23rd 05, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

"Roy" wrote in message
As this will be the very last year that we are going to motorhome shows,
the last being Shepton next month, I am looking for a large outdoor
caravan show or two to visit next year. I always take the van and stay on
the show ground, mainly because my partner is so severely disabled so
shows such as the Earls Court [the other London dump] are definitely not
acceptable. Any sensible suggestions for decent locations based on
personal experience will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
--
RH

Try the Northern Motorcaravan Show at York racecourse 16th-18th Sept 2005.
See http://www.northernmotorcaravanshow.co.uk/ . You can pre book online
and there are spots for the disabled. I last went about 5 years ago, where
the pitches IIRC where all on grass but the units went right upto the
entrance. There was entertainment in the racecourse in the evening (at extra
cost), there is a link for this years entertainment, but it broken. Looking
at the list of exibitors it should be a lot bigger than when I went as well.
--
HTH
Ian B