OT - Adware

Old August 13th 03, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Parry

Default OT - Adware

In ,
Dave Fawthrop fumbled, fiddled and
typed:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:34:29 +0100, "bowtiejim"
wrote:

Last year about this time someone from this ng advised to down

load
Adware from Lavasoft (free) to scan for agressive cookies and

the
like which do more than just act as a passive recorder of our
movements within a site. I downloaded it at the time and

have
regularly scanned my system on a once a month basis, but
increasingly no unwanted pieces of code have been found.

Having been given a clean bill of health this morning. I

downloaded
version 6 of Adware and immediately ran another scan: this

time
three files were found which had been residing within my

system for
some months.

I have adaware. I update and run it weekly.
I normally find 18 unknown cookies which I delete.
I am thinking of buying a real copy to catch them as soon as

they get
put
on my machine.

Dave F

ad aware
mailwasher
zonealarm
and whatever av software are all unfortunately neccesary for safe
operation of the net nowadays

--
Steve Parry

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk