Caravan Date

Old August 24th 05, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
STU

Default Caravan Date

How can i tell the manufactures date of an Elddis 505 from the chassis
number??
Where can i get owners manual/instruction for truma ultraheat space heater
and truma ultrastore water heater as they are missing from the van i just
bought.

Thanks
Stu

Old August 24th 05, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jerry

Have a search in here mate, I saw it on a message somewhere, how to work out
the year of manufacture. I also suggest you join this forum if you already
have not.
You will get answers to all your questions on
there.::::http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk

Old August 24th 05, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ Home

"STU" wrote in message
How can i tell the manufactures date of an Elddis 505 from the chassis
number??
Where can i get owners manual/instruction for truma ultraheat space heater
and truma ultrastore water heater as they are missing from the van i just
bought.

Thanks
Stu

Look at the CRiS 17 digit number on the windows or chassis, they should be
all the same.

The 10th digit will be a date letter or number. The sequence starts in 1992
with letter N and runs to 2005 with number 5. Q, U and Z weren't used

Cheers

Old August 31st 05, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

Look at the CRiS 17 digit number on the windows or chassis, they should be
all the same.

The 10th digit will be a date letter or number. The sequence starts in
1992
with letter N and runs to 2005 with number 5. Q, U and Z weren't used

Not strictly true.
The tenth digit of the chassis number gives the correct year.

My CRiS number differs to my chassis number and the tenth digit of my CRiS
number IS Q which they may use in a smilar way to Swansea used the Q Reg for
cars (as for U and Z, I'm unsure).

I have a Burstner which wasn't registered with CRiS when purchased new. When
I bought it (used) a few months ago I registered it with CRiS, they
prewarned me of the difference.

Although in relation to your reply STU's tenth digit of HIS CRiS number
would give him his D.O.M.
--
Ian B
Please reply to NG

Just for the record, my insurance is also aware of the difference and has
both numbers