Swiss Alps in February.

« - | - »

Old August 24th 05, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lee_D

Default Swiss Alps in February.

I'm toying with the idea of winter holidays, given it'll be baltic here
anyway may as well be somewhere cold and nice rather than cold and
depressing.

I suspect I suffer from seasonally affective disorder so maybe all that snow
will brighten things up. Either that or I'm generally a miserable git in the
winter :0)

Anyone here any experience of holidays at this time of year up in said Alps.

Lee D

--

www.lrproject.com

Workshop photos from Landrover repairs
& other such tinkerings.
Home of Percy the Jag powered Landrover

Old August 24th 05, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nick \(Scots\)

"Lee_D" wrote in message

I'm toying with the idea of winter holidays, given it'll be baltic here
anyway may as well be somewhere cold and nice rather than cold and
depressing.

I suspect I suffer from seasonally affective disorder so maybe all that
snow will brighten things up. Either that or I'm generally a miserable git
in the winter :0)

Anyone here any experience of holidays at this time of year up in said
Alps.

The 'Eieger Nordwand' campsite is open for caravaniege. It's in
Lauterbrunnen
up from Interlaken.

Nick

Old August 24th 05, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Nick (Scots) wrote:

"Lee_D" wrote in message

I'm toying with the idea of winter holidays, given it'll be baltic
here anyway may as well be somewhere cold and nice rather than cold
and depressing.

I suspect I suffer from seasonally affective disorder so maybe all
that snow will brighten things up. Either that or I'm generally a
miserable git in the winter :0)

Anyone here any experience of holidays at this time of year up in
said Alps.

The 'Eieger Nordwand' campsite is open for caravaniege. It's in
Lauterbrunnen
up from Interlaken.

Nick

And what are the roads like to get to it? It is fair to assume that a 4x4
towcar would be in order?
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old August 24th 05, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lee_D

"Hitch Lock" wrote in message

And what are the roads like to get to it? It is fair to assume that a 4x4
towcar would be in order?
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Indeed I expect it would and wouldn't consider such a trip without one... we
do have a few to go at
www.lrproject.com ..though our main tow car is a Discovery and yet to get on
to the site. (WWW)

Lee D

Old August 24th 05, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nick \(Scots\)

The 'Eieger Nordwand' campsite is open for caravaniege. It's in
Lauterbrunnen
up from Interlaken.

Nick

And what are the roads like to get to it? It is fair to assume that a 4x4
towcar would be in order?

I would imagine the roads are SNOWY white. But it's normal for a lot of
the popular roads to be cleared. For school buses etc. If not 'Cols' have
a sign near the base indicating chains are compulsary.

Interlaken hotels ferry skiers up via coaches.

Anyway, it's an amzing site and the view is one of the best I have ever had
from a site.
It compares with -

Camping Dolomiti - Cortina, Dolomites.
Camping Mer De Glace - Chamonix, Aigulle Verte/Drus/Mont Blanc
Aire de Camping La Bergerie - Gavarnie, Cirque de Gavarnie - Pyrenees.

Enjoy it anyway

Nick

Nick

Old August 24th 05, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nick \(Scots\)

www link for the site here,
http://www.eigernordwand.ch/front_content.php?idcat=23

« - | - »