Street Pilot

Old August 13th 03, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Default Street Pilot

"Rona" wrote in message
I have just aquired a Garmin Street Pilot 3 and it is superb. However I
wonder if anyone can help me-most caravan sites do not have a number to
enter in the address screen and therefore I am unable to pinpoint most of
them using "find address" ?
Rona

Aha! But the Caravan Club lists all their sites with the Ordnance Survey map
reference. Download to the SP3 from Mapsource, having entered the pushpin in
the appropriate place. MapSource allows British OS. The unit converts it to
Lat/Lon- but that's no problem when on route.
It will find Post Codes but not so accurate as the map ref:
Mine's named Loretta. What's yours called?
DaveK.

Old August 14th 03, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rona

Many Thanks for your reply-I am struggling at the moment-being a "siver
Surfer" and fairly new to computing and very new to Street Pilot
I was told to download all GB to the data card and route from there but I
see it is probably easier to route via waypoints on the Pc and download to
SP but that will erase all the maps of england I think?
Can you just point me in the right direction as to what to save where and
best way of routing etc
I have no name yet but maybe I will name him as Lorettas mate-Dave
Would it be possible for me to reply to you and pick your brains?
Rona