Sagging cables

Old August 25th 05, 07:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave

Default Sagging cables

Hello,
Anyone got any tips on keeping the connecting cables (from van to car) from
sagging onto road when towing.
I have been putting a couple of twists in them - but dont really like to.
Obviously, some slack is needed to allow turning, but short of twisting (or
shortening) I wonder if anyone has any clever little tricks they use?

Thanks

Dave E

Derby

Old August 25th 05, 08:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:37:34 +0100, "Dave"
wrote:

| Hello,
| Anyone got any tips on keeping the connecting cables (from van to car) from
| sagging onto road when towing.
| I have been putting a couple of twists in them - but dont really like to.
| Obviously, some slack is needed to allow turning, but short of twisting (or
| shortening) I wonder if anyone has any clever little tricks they use?

Cable ties from most DIY places.
Mine go over the handbrake lever.

I once rubbed the long cables on the road and had to repair them in a
Service Area. Definitely not a good idea :-(
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
"Intelligent Design?" my knees say *not*.
Old August 25th 05, 08:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 25th 05, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Dunbar \(2\)

I just wind them once round the rubber behind the actual hitch. That seems
quite adequate and there seems no chance of them fouling anything there, or
being fouled.

Keith

Old August 25th 05, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Edwards

As a safer and more elegant solution you can buy curly spiral leads that
expand and contract with the movement of the van. These come with a plug on
both ends so sockets would have to be installed on the A-frame. A lot of
fuss but obviously added security if you remove them completely when
pitched.

Can be seen he

http://www.towsure.com/default.asp?t=134&p=0&d=0

---

Old August 25th 05, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Dave said the following on 25/08/2005 08:37:
Hello,
Anyone got any tips on keeping the connecting cables (from van to car) from
sagging onto road when towing.
I have been putting a couple of twists in them - but dont really like to.
Obviously, some slack is needed to allow turning, but short of twisting (or
shortening) I wonder if anyone has any clever little tricks they use?

Thanks

Dave E

Derby

Hitch and position tow car at approx 60 degrees to caravan attach
cables, get under and loosen/cut cable ties and pull back slack under
caravan, use cable tie to loop and secure in a suitable position.

Roy

Old August 25th 05, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

Hello,
Anyone got any tips on keeping the connecting cables (from van to car) from
sagging onto road when towing.
I have been putting a couple of twists in them - but dont really like to.
Obviously, some slack is needed to allow turning, but short of twisting (or
shortening) I wonder if anyone has any clever little tricks they use?

My cables are on the offside of thecaravan and the plugs are on the
onside of the car so i pass them over the hitch head before plugging
them in. Never had a problem.

(remove the spam to reply)