cable

Old August 25th 05, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
barbaragibbs

Default cable

hi
Could you help me please. I have just purchased an old rambler caravan. At
the rear of the caravan underneth is a three eighths plastic coated steel
cable running through two eye bolts in a u shape it is suspended one inch
below main frame. any ideas on what it is for.

Barbara

Old August 25th 05, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
etomd

"barbaragibbs" wrote in message
k...
hi
Could you help me please. I have just purchased an old rambler caravan.

At
the rear of the caravan underneth is a three eighths plastic coated steel
cable running through two eye bolts in a u shape it is suspended one inch
below main frame. any ideas on what it is for.

Barbara

Could it be to maje the van more stable/rigid....?

Old August 25th 05, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barry

"etomd" [email protected] wrote in message

"barbaragibbs" wrote in message
k...
hi
Could you help me please. I have just purchased an old rambler caravan.

At
the rear of the caravan underneth is a three eighths plastic coated steel
cable running through two eye bolts in a u shape it is suspended one inch
below main frame. any ideas on what it is for.

Barbara

Could it be to maje the van more stable/rigid....?

More likely for towing it backwards, I have similar to winch mine up the
drive