blow heating ppes to hot

Old August 25th 05, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
david

Default blow heating ppes to hot

I have a Lunar quasar 615 last weekend we put the fire on blow
heating and the pipes the carry the air to under the front seats got
that hot they melted the vacuum cleaner pipes and I mean melted they
were dripping. my wife is now worried about storing any thing under
the beds etc in case of fire.
as any one else had this experience or do you think there is a fault.

Regards David

Old August 25th 05, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ Home

"david" wrote in message
I have a Lunar quasar 615 last weekend we put the fire on blow
heating and the pipes the carry the air to under the front seats got
that hot they melted the vacuum cleaner pipes and I mean melted they
were dripping. my wife is now worried about storing any thing under
the beds etc in case of fire.
as any one else had this experience or do you think there is a fault.

Regards David

I presume you had the outlets open. Depending on the heater, there could be
an adjustable flap where the two oulets come from on the back of the heater
box. Twisting the adjustment will send more heat through one outlet so you
could adjust to send more to the rear.

Cheers

Old August 26th 05, 12:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

Possibly some of your hot air vents may be partially blocked. "vacuum
cleaner pipes"?

All the best, Peter.

Old August 26th 05, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barry

"david" wrote in message
I have a Lunar quasar 615 last weekend we put the fire on blow
heating and the pipes the carry the air to under the front seats got
that hot they melted the vacuum cleaner pipes and I mean melted they
were dripping. my wife is now worried about storing any thing under
the beds etc in case of fire.
as any one else had this experience or do you think there is a fault.

Regards David

If you are on gas the fan speed varies to control the temperature, if you
are on mains electric the heater is regulated by a thermostat. Suggest that
you have a fault somewhere, if it is working right you will never get those
sort of temperatures.
Barry

Old August 26th 05, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:09:53 +0100, "Barry"
wrote:

If you are on gas the fan speed varies to control the temperature, if you
are on mains electric the heater is regulated by a thermostat. Suggest that
you have a fault somewhere, if it is working right you will never get those
sort of temperatures.

Just a slight correction to this, the fan speed varies whichever power
source you are using. The the heater is regulated by thermostat
whether you use gas or electric. Using electric there is a room
thermostat that controls the system and using gas there is a
thermostat within the heater which regulates the temperature at which
the burner cuts itself down to a pilot light.

(remove the spam to reply)