French tolls-again.

Old August 26th 05, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Default French tolls-again.

Just travelled from Calais to Honfleur. Solo out, Car and caravan return.
I was doubted a couple of weeks ago when I stated that tolls had virtually
doubled since last year.
Got the receipts before me now:
In 2004 we were paying ten pence a mile Class 2, with caravan. Paying that
solo now.
23/08/2005. Solo. Class 1. Sanef. A16. Abbeville to Herquelingue. 45 miles.
6.40 euros. 4.57 = 10p a mile.
23/08/2005. Solo. Class 1. Sapn. A29. Cottevrard to Epretot. 51.6 miles.
6.30 euros. 4.50 = 8.7p a mile.
24/08.2005. Caravan.Class 2. Sapn A29. Epretot to Cottevrard. 51.6
miles.9.50 euros. 6.78 = 13p a mile.
24/08/2005. Caravan.Class 2. Sanef A16.Herquelingue to Abbeville. 45
miles.9.80 euros. 7.0 = 15.5p a mile.
Supermarket price for diesel has increased outrageously to 1.06 euros a
litre=76p. (Just paid 96p here).
At 25mpg a hundred miles on the autoroute now costs 13.82 for fuel, and up
to 15.50 in tolls. Equivalent to
7.33 a gallon.
National Routes only in future.
DaveK.

Old August 26th 05, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
What

davek wrote:
Just travelled from Calais to Honfleur. Solo out, Car and caravan
return. I was doubted a couple of weeks ago when I stated that tolls had
virtually doubled since last year.
Got the receipts before me now:

Gosh you have waited to get back. The figures you quote for this year are
totally accurate and the same as I have paid in 2005. You don't however
quote similar detailed figures for 2004 and this is where we differ. I never
disagreed with your 10p solo & 15p towing figures for this year, these
amounts though are within a few cents of what I paid in 2004, it is your
"50% increase" that I was questioning. I'm sorry to say I'm sad enough to
have all my motoring and caravanning costs logged for some years back. Like
you I find the motorways in France expensive and don't use them if possible
but I do have the advantage of not paying a road license.

The way the world cost of fuel is going up lets hope we can all afford to
keep caravanning.
What

Old August 26th 05, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 19:19:23 +0100, "davek"
wrote:

[...]

I thought they were dear enough last year when we spent nearly 200 in
tolls.

This year checked before we went & noticed that its now 75% more with
the van always used to be 50% extra. So this year going down to
switzerland on the way to Italy only spent 5 euros we kept to the free
Autoroutes & RN's.

Lenny

Old August 27th 05, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Dew

"davek" wrote in message
[...]

Dave,

It looks like you are on to something
My wife runs the money in this house and she assures me that the journey
from Carcassonne to Nantes, a distance of 680km, cost us 58.50 Euros. I
have just been on to the ViaMichelin site to check the Autoroute costs and
it shows the cost with a caravan as 99.31 Euros. We are off next week so
will have to watch this very carefully.

Regards and many thanks.

Dave.

Old August 27th 05, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Dew

"David Dew" wrote in message

"davek" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry, I missed out the fact that the journey was September 2004.

Dave.

Old August 27th 05, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
What

It looks like you are on to something
My wife runs the money in this house and she assures me that the
journey from Carcassonne to Nantes, a distance of 680km, cost us
58.50 Euros. I have just been on to the ViaMichelin site to check
the Autoroute costs and it shows the cost with a caravan as 99.31
Euros. We are off next week so will have to watch this very
carefully.
Regards and many thanks.

Dave.

Did your wife's figure of 58.50 euro include fuel+tolls because
ViaMichelin's ( left on default options) 99.31euro does.

What