Porch awnings

Old August 26th 05, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Debbie

Default Porch awnings

Hi
I am wanting to get one of the lightweight porch awnings such as the
Sunncamp Scenic for my caravan which is a Fleetwood Crystal (1989) with an
awning rail height of 227cm. However most of these type of awnings quote
heights from 235cm - I'm not sure if this will work with my caravan!
Does anyone have any suggestions of any other make of awning that would work
or have a caravan with a similar awning rail height to mine and used one of
these awnings??
Thanks Debbie

Old August 26th 05, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Debbie wrote:

Hi
I am wanting to get one of the lightweight porch awnings such as the
Sunncamp Scenic for my caravan which is a Fleetwood Crystal (1989)
with an awning rail height of 227cm. However most of these type of
awnings quote heights from 235cm - I'm not sure if this will work
with my caravan!
Does anyone have any suggestions of any other make of awning that
would work or have a caravan with a similar awning rail height to
mine and used one of these awnings??
Thanks Debbie

The height difference is only about 3" in real money. Surely, there must be
more tolerance than that to allow for uneven/sloping ground? I would be
surprised if it didn't work.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old August 31st 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

"Debbie" wrote in message
Hi
I am wanting to get one of the lightweight porch awnings such as the
Sunncamp Scenic for my caravan which is a Fleetwood Crystal (1989) with an
awning rail height of 227cm. However most of these type of awnings quote
heights from 235cm - I'm not sure if this will work with my caravan!
Does anyone have any suggestions of any other make of awning that would
work or have a caravan with a similar awning rail height to mine and used
one of these awnings??
Thanks Debbie

Try the Scenic Contempo which recommends height of 210-235cm, though they
are wider the basic Scenic.
See http://www.scenicawnings.co.uk/Contempo.htm
We bought one when we got one in July and found it easy to put up and warm
in the evening although as the temperature starts to cool down I may have to
review that thought. The only problem we had was the end of the awning is on
the start of the front end slope. We used one of the 'stops' used for the
Fiamma Caravanstore to stop it sliding forward..

Alternatively they do a Scenic Plus which has start height of 225cm
--
Ian B
Please reply to NG

Old September 1st 05, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
lazydog

When I tried to buy one of these for my Avondale (which comes in below the
recommended height for the awning) I was told that because the awning slopes
back towards the caravan then rainwater settles on top and can tear the
awning. So it's not a question of whether it will fit but more a question
of durability.

Roy