Aquaroll problems !

Old August 27th 05, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
RADIOTWO

Default Aquaroll problems !

Hi all

And thanks for reading this:

My problem: I have just bought a new caravan, and of course it comes with a
whale pump, but it wont go into my aquaroll ! the hole is too
small(or the pump is too big).

I am sure a heard or read that there was a cure for this, but cannot
remember what was said.

Can any one help !!

Steve

Old August 27th 05, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

"RADIOTWO" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi all

And thanks for reading this:

My problem: I have just bought a new caravan, and of course it comes with

whale pump, but it wont go into my aquaroll ! the hole is too
small(or the pump is too big).

I am sure a heard or read that there was a cure for this, but cannot
remember what was said.

Can any one help !!

Buy a new aquaroll!!

Older aquarolls had smaller screw tops and holes than newer ones. You
particularly need the newer ones for fitting up at serviced pitches. I've
seen some people talk about boring the holes out a bit more, although I
can't remember the details, but the best answer must be to get a new one.
I'm sure you would be able to sell on your old one- though I'm not very good
at that. I tend just to stick everything up my loft. Anyone want to buy an
awning?

Neb

Old August 27th 05, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill on the hill

Yes, had this on too!
I got a new pump that did fit, just a cheap one, it's fine, and I keep the
original one as a spare as it will go in one of my Aquaroll's

Cheers
Bill

Old August 27th 05, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"RADIOTWO" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi all

And thanks for reading this:

My problem: I have just bought a new caravan, and of course it comes with

whale pump, but it wont go into my aquaroll ! the hole is too
small(or the pump is too big).

I am sure a heard or read that there was a cure for this, but cannot
remember what was said.

Can any one help !!

Steve

There are some adaptors try a google

I know i've seen one at some time or other on the net

It involved making the hole for the pump larger and screwing a plate with a rubber
washer and ring on the inside

I came across my first service pitch this summer near oxford , cost me 7.50 a
night .

I wish I had the gear to make use of it ., it would have been pure luxury.

It consisted of a bollard to the offside rear that had a water tap and EHU and a
sensibly place drain for the waste water pipe to go in.

Told a friend about it , he's just come back from a fortnight holiday there , the
shower block is now working , cost him 15.00 a night , he recons it was worth
every penny.

Right beside the Thames and next door to a pub , apart from the beer tasting like
Thames dish water we both had an enjoyable time .

;-)))))))))

DieSea

Got a bit OT , but I wont say sorry.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0534-4, 26/08/2005
Tested on: 27/08/2005 18:57:27

Old August 27th 05, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"DieSea" wrote in message

snip

I came across my first service pitch this summer near oxford , cost me
7.50 a night .

I wish I had the gear to make use of it ., it would have been pure luxury.

It consisted of a bollard to the offside rear that had a water tap and EHU
and a sensibly place drain for the waste water pipe to go in.

Told a friend about it , he's just come back from a fortnight holiday
there , the shower block is now working , cost him 15.00 a night , he
recons it was worth every penny.

Right beside the Thames and next door to a pub , apart from the beer
tasting like Thames dish water we both had an enjoyable time .

;-)))))))))

DieSea

Got a bit OT , but I wont say sorry.

That's the glory of usenet!

Mary

Old August 28th 05, 12:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

If your Aquaroll is getting a bit old and past it why not replace it with a
Water Hog. It holds 50 Litres against the latest Aquaroll's 40 Litres and
costs the same if you go to my chap at Blaenavon in South Wales. He has a
website and can be e-mailed with a request for items. He also stocks the
Waste Hog for the same price, 39:99. This is the two wheeled variety which
looks a little like a golf trolley.

All the best, Peter.