Pump problem maybe?

Old August 27th 05, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

Default Pump problem maybe?

I have the Carver Crystal 3 filter system.

Today I primed the water system in the caravan, which was a bit more
problematic than usual but worked out ok.

However, I have noticed that the flow rate is a fair bit slower than usual.

I checked the electrical connections in the pump 'lead' ..... 'plug in end'.

The pressure switch seems to be working ok.

Does this mean the submersible whale pump (in the external aquaroll) is
giving up?. It is about 2 years old.

Richard

Old August 27th 05, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

"Richard" wrote in message
I have the Carver Crystal 3 filter system.

Today I primed the water system in the caravan, which was a bit more
problematic than usual but worked out ok.

However, I have noticed that the flow rate is a fair bit slower than

usual.

I checked the electrical connections in the pump 'lead' ..... 'plug in

end'.

The pressure switch seems to be working ok.

Does this mean the submersible whale pump (in the external aquaroll) is
giving up?. It is about 2 years old.

Richard

Have you checked your filter for replacement, or there may be a slight air
blockage in the heater
Suggest drain down and fill again leaving the hot tap open until you have a
good flow out of the tap
good luck

Old August 27th 05, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BOTTLE

"Stewart" wrote in message
check your voltage, it may be that it has dropped.

"Richard" wrote in

message
I have the Carver Crystal 3 filter system.

Today I primed the water system in the caravan, which was a bit more
problematic than usual but worked out ok.

However, I have noticed that the flow rate is a fair bit slower than

usual.

I checked the electrical connections in the pump 'lead' ..... 'plug in

end'.

The pressure switch seems to be working ok.

Does this mean the submersible whale pump (in the external aquaroll) is
giving up?. It is about 2 years old.

Richard

We had the same problem, found out it was an air leak that had caused all

the problems

Old August 28th 05, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Richard" wrote in message
I have the Carver Crystal 3 filter system.

Today I primed the water system in the caravan, which was a bit more
problematic than usual but worked out ok.

However, I have noticed that the flow rate is a fair bit slower than
usual.

I checked the electrical connections in the pump 'lead' ..... 'plug in
end'.

The pressure switch seems to be working ok.

Does this mean the submersible whale pump (in the external aquaroll) is
giving up?. It is about 2 years old.

Richard

Thanks for inputs ..... I got back on the case this morning. Cleaned
electrical connections at exterior socket (they looked a bit tarnished)
replaced filter and checked pipe connections. That improved flow rate but it
didn't fully recover, but system still appeared primed ok. I then put the
water heater on for a bit and then ran the hot taps (in turn) and that
seemed to clear a small air lock which wasn't apparent when water was cold.

Cheers again .......... Richard

Old August 30th 05, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

I'm haveing problems with my Whale preesured system.
I'm not happy with the 2 'O' rings I bought from my dealer and I fitted to
the input on the outside of the caravan. The Whale connector from the pump
does not fully engage now.
The dealer only sells his own brand of 2 'O' rings in a pack. I've not been
able to find Whale branded packs.
I think these I have are too large on thier cross section area.
Do Whale sell spares?

Please reply to News Group