Site and Usage Limitations with Twin Axle Vans

Old August 28th 05, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Griff

Default Site and Usage Limitations with Twin Axle Vans

Hi,

I am looking at purchasing a new twin axle van.

I am not wishing to provoke debate between singles, twins and safety etc but
what I am interested in, is what are the downside/upside experiences of you
chaps when choosing/using sites, accesability/what is allowed where/making
sure that you are going to get onto the site OK etc.

Tow vehilcle would be a Discovery and I would have a Mover fitted to it.

Thanks.

Griff.

Old August 28th 05, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
G. String

"Griff" wrote in message
Hi,

I am looking at purchasing a new twin axle van.

I am not wishing to provoke debate between singles, twins and safety etc
but
what I am interested in, is what are the downside/upside experiences of
you
chaps when choosing/using sites, accesability/what is allowed where/making
sure that you are going to get onto the site OK etc.

Tow vehilcle would be a Discovery and I would have a Mover fitted to it.

Hi,
The only problem I can see there would be the jealousy you incur from
other site residents
A nice big van, a nice big car, and a mover too, I hate you already...

Bob.
PS
I dont hate you, tho I am jealous already .

Old August 28th 05, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
G. String

"Spanner" wrote in message
Land rover discovery I WOULD NOT BE JEALOUS had 2 heap of british
****e

---------------------------------------
oh!...well I would prolly have one, but I think im going for a Pajero 2.8TD
Exceed early next year......do you think those are also excretment ?
GS.

Old August 28th 05, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Griff
writes
Hi,

I am looking at purchasing a new twin axle van.

I am not wishing to provoke debate between singles, twins and safety etc but
what I am interested in, is what are the downside/upside experiences of you
chaps when choosing/using sites, accesability/what is allowed where/making
sure that you are going to get onto the site OK etc.

Tow vehilcle would be a Discovery and I would have a Mover fitted to it.

Thanks.

Griff.

Only real problem is levelling them. Virtually impossible on a sloping
site especially compared to a single axle.

Never failed to get access to a site, although one at Milton Keynes was
a bit tight.

Always worth checking both aspects prior to arrival.

You don't need a mover on a Discovery - it has an engine (which works
most of the time).
--
hugh

Old August 29th 05, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:53:25 +0100, hugh ] wrote:

Only real problem is levelling them. Virtually impossible on a sloping
site especially compared to a single axle.

Crap