Straightliner

« - | - »

Old August 30th 05, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Default Straightliner

When at a classic car show at the weekend the person next to us recommended
a straightliner stabiliser he bought from a show for use when towing with
our classic car. A goggle search revealed plenty of comments on it but no
actual indication of who supplied it. Can anyone tell me anything about it.
Liz

Old September 3rd 05, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

liz hall wrote:
When at a classic car show at the weekend the person next to us recommended
a straightliner stabiliser he bought from a show for use when towing with
our classic car. A goggle search revealed plenty of comments on it but no
actual indication of who supplied it. Can anyone tell me anything about it.
Liz

Liz, they're very good I understand. I bought one from SAS a at the NEC last year BUT it
didn't suit our car, a Skoda Superb. If you have a car similar to the Superb, VW, Seat,
Audi etc I suggest you be very careful.
When I installed it, the end of the 'leaf spring' was nowhere near the bracket it was
supposed to fit into. It's made by a South African company and despite phone calls, emails
to both them and SAS, it would not work. SAS EVENTUALLY refunded most of what I had paid -
c 220 GBP.
So my advice, for what its worth, is to get a cast iron assurance that it is suitable for
your tug before you part with your cash. I have a photo showing the problem if you're
interested.

Good luck

Peter

Old September 5th 05, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

We have a Mondeo and an old Rover 2000TC so I am thinking it may not be
suitable for both. Pics useful as my husband could look at them and see.
Liz

Old September 5th 05, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Old October 31st 05, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

Before purchasing a Straightliner, good as they are make sure, preferably in writing, that
it is suitable for your tug.

We purchased one at the NEC a couple of years ago from SAS having informed them of the car
- A Skoda Superb - but it would not fit. The South African manufacturer tried to help -
said to change the angle of the car tow bracket!

After much argument with SAS over the summer they eventually refunded almost the purchase
price.

I suspect similar problems may arise with similar models e.g. Volkswaggen, Seat etc.

Have a photo if anyone is interested.

'appy vannin'

Peter

Ray Burslem wrote:
Try SAS Products. email-
They are not the original designers and makers who went bump!Make sure you
tell them(SAS) which type of towbar you have fitted,swanneck or flangeplate.
There is a site originaly used by the makers which you
can download from. Including fitting instructions. At
http://members.lycos.co.uk/paulbond/activating.htm.
They really are excellent! And I would reccomend them to
anyone.