12v/10 inch TVs - recommendations?

Old August 14th 03, 07:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Colin Legg

Default 12v/10 inch TVs - recommendations?

"BDD Blunt" wrote in message
I am trying to source a 12v TV (which can also run on mains). I think a
10inch is the min we want, can anyone recommend one and a vendor - they

seem
to be quite expensive, cheapest I've found is 220....anyone help?

As usual, many thanks.

Ben

My advice is, don't. Had one two years ago. Cheaply made, broke down 3
times just out of guarantee. Hard to source spare parts. Now use a low
wattage 230 volt with an inverter. Better picture, much cheaper.

Old August 18th 03, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stan Kirk

Like AL we also bought the Goodmans model compact 110 10 inch 12v/mains
portable, as AL states, remote control, easy tuning (manual not automatic).
Bought at comet a few years ago 180, not let us down once, only problem was
that our son damaged the aerial plug sockey whilst removing the aerial and
plugging in his play station!!! cost was about 15 for a new plug socket
fitting.
Works fine from the battery on rallies, when the battery is running down the
picture cuts out when you run the water pump but is tyhen ok once the tap is
turned off, can recommend it.

Stan