Something to get you going

Old September 1st 05, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Default Something to get you going

Here's something that will upset all those of you who seem, from your
posts, to delight in polishing, dusting, degreasing and otherwise
cosseting their beloved stabilisers.

http://www.autospies.com/article/ind...articleId=4942

..... and I think that it's already be here on the Astra.

There's lots more out there for those interested - try 'trailer
stability assist' (TSA) in Google etc..

I don't suppose that the advent of this device (for those with new
enough cars to benefit) will stop the caravan manufacturers from
continuing to boost their profits by fitting devices that shouldn't be
necessary (even before TSA) nor the 'just to be safe' fraternity from
insisting on a mechanical stabiliser as well.

(Don't waste any time preaching to me about why I should use a
stabiliser. I have not done so for over 35 years and don't intend to
start now!)
Old September 1st 05, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Dougal" DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk wrote in message
Here's something that will upset all those of you who seem, from your
posts, to delight in polishing, dusting, degreasing and otherwise
cosseting their beloved stabilisers.

Braking the front wheels alternately? That doesn't sound safe to me.
DaveK.

Old September 2nd 05, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Dougal said the following on 01/09/2005 20:07:
Here's something that will upset all those of you who seem, from your
posts, to delight in polishing, dusting, degreasing and otherwise
cosseting their beloved stabilisers.

http://www.autospies.com/article/ind...articleId=4942

.... and I think that it's already be here on the Astra.

There's lots more out there for those interested - try 'trailer
stability assist' (TSA) in Google etc..

I don't suppose that the advent of this device (for those with new
enough cars to benefit) will stop the caravan manufacturers from
continuing to boost their profits by fitting devices that shouldn't be
necessary (even before TSA) nor the 'just to be safe' fraternity from
insisting on a mechanical stabiliser as well.

(Don't waste any time preaching to me about why I should use a
stabiliser. I have not done so for over 35 years and don't intend to
start now!)

Another case of the poor punter having to fork-out (will add an
additional cost on each car) for the sake of the few who believe that
the laws of nature and gravity don't apply to them - Why develop the
device if the situation will never arise?

Roy