Re Freeview Boxes

Old September 4th 05, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
R L Driver

Default Re Freeview Boxes

Freeview only works where it can see a UK transmitter broadcasting the
digital signals . There are large tracts of Wales and Scotland where
Freeview is not available because the transmitters are not modified to
transmit the digital signals. Where I live we can't get Freeview so we have
had to install SKY . Freeview coverage on the south coast should be good
though, so it should be available in pars of Northern France , maybe. Sky
works everywhere although different systems are used in different places
...... In NZ you need a UHF aerial !
Steve the grease

Old September 4th 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BARRY TEAGUE

Works great in Cornwall
even channel 5

Old September 4th 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BARRY TEAGUE

Works great in Cornwall
even channel 5

Old September 6th 05, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Les

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 11:43:23 +0100, "R L Driver"
wrote:

Freeview only works where it can see a UK transmitter broadcasting the
digital signals . There are large tracts of Wales and Scotland where
Freeview is not available because the transmitters are not modified to
transmit the digital signals. Where I live we can't get Freeview so we have
had to install SKY . Freeview coverage on the south coast should be good
though, so it should be available in pars of Northern France , maybe. Sky
works everywhere although different systems are used in different places
..... In NZ you need a UHF aerial !
Steve the grease

You're absolutely right. There are large hilly/mountainous areas in
Britain where Freeview is useless. I live in eastern Fife, hardly very
hilly, and I know of many who cannot receive it. You can test
reception by postcode here www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/coverage.html.
There is also a UK digital TV reception predictor (clickable map) at
www.wolfbane.com/articles/ukdmap.htm.

Although I don't have it, I would have thought that Freesat would be a
better option for those who tour in Wales and northern UK. (120
cannels compared with only 27 for Freeview).
http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/

Les