Recommendations for a Site for this New Year !

« - | - »

Old September 5th 05, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Recommendations for a Site for this New Year !

Hi All,

Just wish to ask all you experienced 'vanners' a good site for this
New Year ?

Would like hard standing with hook-up and preferably with on site
Clubhouse/Bar with entertainment.

We are based in Nottinghamshire - but prepared to travel within radius
of 3 hours.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated !!

Regards to all

Kim
Old September 5th 05, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Leyland_Leopard

"K" wrote in message
Hi All,

Just wish to ask all you experienced 'vanners' a good site for this
New Year ?

Would like hard standing with hook-up and preferably with on site
Clubhouse/Bar with entertainment.

We are based in Nottinghamshire - but prepared to travel within radius
of 3 hours.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated !!

Regards to all

Kim

Last three New Years has seen as at the Caravan Club MUC site at Newark
(Milestone Site, just off the A1 at Cromwell).

Hard-standing - check
Hook-up - check
On-site entertainment - there is an event on site on New Year's Eve, but we
have never been to it as we go to relatives in the area for the evening
itself.

Old September 6th 05, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:38:43 +0100, K wrote:

Hi All,

Just wish to ask all you experienced 'vanners' a good site for this
New Year ?

Would like hard standing with hook-up and preferably with on site
Clubhouse/Bar with entertainment.

We are based in Nottinghamshire - but prepared to travel within radius
of 3 hours.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated !!

For the last 2 years we've been to Rivendale between Buxton &
Ashbourne in Derbyshire. The pitches are hardstanding with grass at
the side. They have electric hook-up & a bar on site which usually
holds a fancy dress party with a buffett available.

Last year our stay wasn't so good as it was pretty windy for the
duration of our stay but it is the only site locally that I know of
that does anything for New Year. The shower & toilet facilities are
excellent but I have found it tends to get booked up for New Year
pretty early.

They have a website at http://www.rivendalecaravanpark.co.uk/ if you
want any further details.

....Ludwig