Microwave

Old September 5th 05, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terry Birch

Default Microwave

Can anyone please suggest a straight foreword microwave suitable for a
caravan, that will not trip the sites' electrical outlets.

--
Regards Terry Birch
All e-mails & attachments are scanned for viruses prior to transmission.

Old September 5th 05, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BOTTLE

"Terry Birch" wrote in message
Can anyone please suggest a straight foreword microwave suitable for a
caravan, that will not trip the sites' electrical outlets.

--

Hi Terry
Comet and the likes of ASda do a small 500 watt, which is no bother at all,

Old September 5th 05, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:05:33 GMT, "Terry Birch"
wrote:

Can anyone please suggest a straight foreword microwave suitable for a
caravan, that will not trip the sites' electrical outlets.

Beware of combi microwaves,these are microwaves plus oven
elements...too much for most sites.
Most microwaves will work OK as long as they are fairly modern.
I use a cheap (30) micro with no problems.
Most micros have a mains surge fuse at 10 amps and run considerably
lower than that.
Do not go by the power ratting(cook or output wattage ) as this bares
little relation to the current draw of the appliance (input power).
Just look on the ratting plate for the input power or current
ratting..if it gives you the value in Watts then use the formula:-
Watts divided by volts to get the current i.e 1400w /
240volts=5.84amps.

The "induction " microwaves use less power and are MUCH lighter BUT
cost an arm and a leg.

Get a microwave with a turntable for better cooking results, do not
pay alot for it as most components are universal and its just the
extras or casing you are paying for.

Regards

John

Old September 5th 05, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

We have used a Matsui 650 watt for several years and had no problem, just
remember that the starting current is about to ? more. We place the
microwave on the floor for travelling (above the wheels) and wrap the
turntable plate in a dish towel.

Old September 5th 05, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alex Heney

wrote:

Can anyone please suggest a straight foreword microwave suitable for a
caravan, that will not trip the sites' electrical outlets.

Most smallish ones will be fine.

I use one that I bought for 50 in Comet about 7 years ago.

It has tripped sites' outlets a few times, but not often, and always
when I have already had the TV (and usually also my Laptop) on before
I turned on the microwave.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Fad: In one era and out the other.

Old September 5th 05, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

Tesco do one that is perfectly adequate for 24:49.My Stepmother has just
bought one and she says it is brilliant and does the job fine and she is 87
years old.

All the best, Peter.