Ferry to Spain then France?

Old September 5th 05, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
George Gosbee

Default Ferry to Spain then France?

Hello all,

Thinking about taking the van on the ferry to Spain next year, Has anyone
done that and then towed up to the western French Med coast? Any other
observations welcomed. Car is a 98 Cit xm 3.0 auto van is a Adria 400.

TIA

George.

Old September 5th 05, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

"George Gosbee" wrote in message
Hello all,

Thinking about taking the van on the ferry to Spain next year, Has anyone
done that and then towed up to the western French Med coast? Any other
observations welcomed. Car is a 98 Cit xm 3.0 auto van is a Adria 400.

TIA

George.

Sailed from Portsmouth to Bilbao last November, great crossing and then

drove through Spain to the Costa del Sol with 2 stops on way. Scenery was
fabulous, No probs but a bit hairy going through Madrid on the motorway but
managed it ok. The roads are very good but don't stop for anyone as there
are supossed to be bandits on the first part of the road, though we had no
trouble but always stop at proper services.and take care and be vigulant.
We then drove up the east coast of Spain into France to the Narbon area, on
the coast and came back past Carsacone - Le Mans - Ca-an sailed from Ca-an
to Portsmouth.
The trip took approx 6months and was absolutly brillo. It is a totally
different way of life over there. Go for it as I'm sure you won't regret it.

lofty

Old September 5th 05, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

drove through Spain to the Costa del Sol with 2 stops on way. Scenery was
fabulous,

Thought it was the most boring region ever. Mile after mile of olive trees
in a sterile landscape of beige clay.
DaveK.

Old September 6th 05, 06:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
George Gosbee

Thanks fro the replies, any comments on the state of the roads between Spain
and France i.e. miles of slow lories going over mountain passes!

George.

Old September 6th 05, 07:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"George Gosbee" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks fro the replies, any comments on the state of the roads between
Spain and France i.e. miles of slow lories going over mountain passes!

Not a problem. We've crossed the border at various places-(the Bielsa tunnel
quite a long grind north to south).
Main roads are good everywhere. The only country I've been with miles of
slow moving lorries is UK.
DaveK.

Old September 6th 05, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

Thinking about taking the van on the ferry to Spain next year, Has anyone
done that and then towed up to the western French Med coast?

Take Brittany Ferries to Santander. They've got a fantastic new ship on this
route, with an amazing pool with sliding roof, cruise liner style. The food
is infinitely better than other operators. Not only that, but the ship is
fast.

Brittany Ferries also has many western channel routes that they'll happily
sell you a return crossing on via there.

Christian.