Right of way question.

Old September 6th 05, 01:40 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.caravanning
Dave

Default Right of way question.

Cessna172 wrote:

In Milton Keynes where I live there are many, many roundabouts and
some are blind, ie.e a motorcycle travelling at some speed suddently
appears so you have to be anticipating stopping at the very last
minute, irritating to others behind you I know but they have the
right of way if they are on the roundabout first and they are coming
from the right. Liz

And your point being...?

If you cannot see the point of her posting, you must be very thick
indeed.

The point of her posting appears to be the following.

1.. I don't know how to use roundabouts properly.

I don't think so.

AIUI the law states that you must give way to traffic coming from your
right.

What this is meant to mean, is traffic coming around the roundabout from
your right and not traffic coming down the road, before it enters the
roundabout: they have to pass over a line that tells them to give way to
traffic on the roundabout from their right.

Here, where I live, the roundabouts are straight lines for through
traffic. Tiny roundabouts. This means that if you have enough speed, you
command the roundabout.
Quite the reverse of what the white lines mean at a roundabout :-(

Dave