CC Site New England Bay

Old September 6th 05, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Spanner

Default CC Site New England Bay

Anyone been? Any comments

Old September 6th 05, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Caravan Man

Hi Spanner,

We go about two times a each year as it is just down the road from us its
about 65 mill's away and it is a good site and a nice area,

Yours
John

CC
C&CC

Old September 6th 05, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Spanner" wrote in message
Anyone been? Any comments

Yes is the simple answer

Nice site

Fine for sun Sea sand and relaxation

Nearest pub is in Port Logan , Stranrar is the nearest Safeway /Tosco's and shops

A lovely area reminds me of Cornwall be fore the hoards invaded

We're of to Garliston shortly , the site on the harbours edge

regards

DieSea

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0536-0, 05/09/2005
Tested on: 06/09/2005 10:54:43

Old September 6th 05, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
G. String

"Spanner" wrote in message
Anyone been? Any comments

_________________________________

Hi,
Huge pitches, The site has 2 levels, the low level which is nearest the
sea, is less windy because of the natural dunes which go along the
road...tho you cannot see the water from this level. The higher level offers
better views, tho windier...personally I would go for the higher pitches
with the views, there are some which are almost enclosed and offer good
privacy.....again Huge pitches these are on the higher level.....I like
the site a lot, the Mull of Galloway is a must see if you have not visited
the area before...plenty of birds and great views...not one for people with
vertigo tho
from the site as you look to your right, a outcrop of rocks offers fair
fishing, not great...but not bad, I wont go down the "Fishing" road....coz
there are too many places to fish...ardwell bay springs to mind as a nice
place to visit....tho the road in is a bit daunting...to say the least, Port
William and Drummore are worth a visit too....Stranraer will be your main
shopping area.
Im sure you will enjoy it, there are some nice cl`s in the area too...so
take your book and visit a few

Bob.

Old September 6th 05, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
G. String

"Spanner" wrote in message
Anyone been? Any comments

_________________________________

Old September 6th 05, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 09:59:05 GMT, "G. String"
wrote:

Hi,
Huge pitches, The site has 2 levels, the low level which is nearest the
sea, is less windy because of the natural dunes which go along the
road.

You're kidding aren't you? The pitches on the front in April/may when
we tend to go there are only for the brave, or for those without an
awning, they are completely open on three sides and the wind howls
down the length of the site. The first time we went the wardens said
exactly this to us. There were some tents on the tented area the last
time we went and three of them went home because the wind had ripped
their tents off and blown them off into the night. At least in the
higher part you can find some shelter from the prevailing wind. Having
said this we love the place, it's a haven of peace and tranquility,
the only things down that part of the world are the coastal views, the
wonderful beach and the exotic gardens.

.tho you cannot see the water from this level. The higher level offers
better views, tho windier...personally I would go for the higher pitches
with the views, there are some which are almost enclosed and offer good
privacy.....again Huge pitches these are on the higher level.....I like
the site a lot, the Mull of Galloway is a must see if you have not visited
the area before...plenty of birds and great views...not one for people with
vertigo tho

I know what you mean though the mention of vertigo made me chuckle, my
wife has suffered terribly with vertigo over the last 16 months and we
had been there twice since then. She stays away from the edge though.
The new cafe at the Mull has a wonderful viewing platform which sits
out over the edge of the cliff, quite spectacular.

from the site as you look to your right, a outcrop of rocks offers fair
fishing, not great...but not bad, I wont go down the "Fishing" road....coz
there are too many places to fish...ardwell bay springs to mind as a nice
place to visit....tho the road in is a bit daunting...to say the least, Port
William and Drummore are worth a visit too....Stranraer will be your main
shopping area.
Im sure you will enjoy it, there are some nice cl`s in the area too...so
take your book and visit a few

I couldn't agree more, it's a wonderful area which whilst it
completely off the beaten track is well worth a visit for anyone.

(remove the spam to reply)

Old September 6th 05, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Les

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:40:26 +0100, "Spanner"
wrote:

Anyone been? Any comments

Most folk have summed it up pretty well.

However, nobody mentioned the rabbits! If you have a dog which chases
them you may not see him/her for days!

Les