tyres

Old September 6th 05, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
barbaragibbs

Default tyres

Hi
Could anyone advise me the maximum kilogram weight rating each tyre for an
old caravan an A-line rambler 380-4
Thanks
Barbara

Old September 6th 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

barbaragibbs wrote:

Hi
Could anyone advise me the maximum kilogram weight rating each tyre
for an old caravan an A-line rambler 380-4
Thanks
Barbara

What is the max permitted caravan weight - as shown on its loading plate?

How many wheels has it got?
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old September 6th 05, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"barbaragibbs" wrote in message
. ..
Hi
Could anyone advise me the maximum kilogram weight rating each tyre for an
old caravan an A-line rambler 380-4

See http://www.towitall.co.uk/NTTA_law/trailers/tyres.htm to see how to
read load index of your present tyres.

Please reply to News Group

Old September 6th 05, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

David wrote:

"barbaragibbs" wrote in message
. ..
Hi
Could anyone advise me the maximum kilogram weight rating each tyre
for an old caravan an A-line rambler 380-4

See http://www.towitall.co.uk/NTTA_law/trailers/tyres.htm to see
how to read load index of your present tyres.

All good stuff - but there's no guarantee that it's currently fitted with
'appropriate' tyres!
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old September 6th 05, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
barbaragibbs

Hi
The caravan has two wheels and we can not find a loading plate.

Old September 6th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

barbaragibbs wrote:

Hi
The caravan has two wheels and we can not find a loading plate.

Where have you looked? There should be a chassis manufacturer's plate and a
caravan manufacturer's plate riveted to the side of the chassis in the
A-frame area - but you'll probably have to grovel to find them!
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock