fridge cooling

Old September 6th 05, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mark

Default fridge cooling

Just back from spain and I've had big problems getting the fridge cold.
I could only get it down to 12c in a day and 4c at night.
I have 2 fans fitted to the vents and the fins on the fridge where cool.
Any ideas?
I fitted the fans before I went but they made no difference. The caravan is
a 2002 model.

Mark

Old September 6th 05, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Mark" wrote in message
Just back from spain and I've had big problems getting the fridge cold.
I could only get it down to 12c in a day and 4c at night.
I have 2 fans fitted to the vents and the fins on the fridge where cool.
Any ideas?

Sounds like it's working right. Removing 20C from ambient temperature is
pretty efficient.
DaveK.

Old September 6th 05, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Saunders

I had the same problem years ago and fitted the fans etc, but it's about
right. Part of the problem is also the fact that you are probably drinking
more and the fridge doesn't get a chance to cool down properly when you put
drinks that are at ambient temperature. I bought an Electrolux chest type
fridge and keep it in the awning and use this just for drinks. It gives the
fridge in the van a chance to cool down a bit more and leaves more room for
food etc.

Old September 6th 05, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mark

In other vans the fridges have frozen the contents.
This is no where near that cold.
Surely it can't be right?

Old September 6th 05, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

are you running the fridge on gas or electric? if it don't work on either
could need re-gassing or a new element