Discount on a New Static??

Old September 8th 05, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
chazzer

Default Discount on a New Static??

I am looking to buy a new static to be sited probably in the Eden
Valley near Penrith, and have my eye on a couple of sites. The obvious
thing to do is to play the various dealers off against each other - but
does anybody know the margins that the dealers and site owners work on?
Or the level of discount that can be gained? It is getting to the end
of the season now and any 2005 made van is effectively one 1/12 of its
life if sited on a park that allows a max. age of 12 years so you could
argue that the discount should be 1000 to 2000 depending on the
list price. While I'm here can anyone suggest a small private site
near Kendal - Penrith?

Old September 9th 05, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message om,
chazzer writes
I am looking to buy a new static to be sited probably in the Eden
Valley near Penrith, and have my eye on a couple of sites. The obvious
thing to do is to play the various dealers off against each other - but
does anybody know the margins that the dealers and site owners work on?
Or the level of discount that can be gained? It is getting to the end
of the season now and any 2005 made van is effectively one 1/12 of its
life if sited on a park that allows a max. age of 12 years so you could
argue that the discount should be 1000 to 2000 depending on the
list price. While I'm here can anyone suggest a small private site
near Kendal - Penrith?

I would recommend you find your sites first. Many have sole supplier
deals a dealer which forbid or limit the offering of discounts.
--
hugh

Old September 10th 05, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Spanner

John Heath has a exellent little site at Eamont Bridge Right next to the
river and the "M6"

Old September 10th 05, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Spanner