Water System for Small Caravan

Old September 11th 05, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Shaun Robertson

Default Water System for Small Caravan

Hi all, newbie here!

We recently bought a Freedom Sunseeker which is great to tow, fits down
our narrow drive (though reversing it in is an interesting experience!)
and ideal for just the missus and I, but we're in a bit of a dilemma
regarding fitting a suitable fresh water system.

There is a small sink, incorporating a whale telescopic faucet, the
kind seen here https://www.svb.de/img/00491s.gif

We have an aquaroll but no means of getting water from the aquaroll
into the van. No pump, foot, hand, electric or otherwise. I'm
considering fitting a Whale Watermaster socket to the side of the van
and using a submersible pump, but am concerned that the flow rate might
be a tad excessive for a single water outlet...12 litres per minute is
an awful lot of water through a small tap.

Can I replace the submersible pump which sells with the Watermaster
system with a smaller one?

Grateful for any input.

Cheers

Old September 11th 05, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Shaun Robertson" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Have you considered going to a caravan breaker and getting a foot pump? We
have one in our 10' caravan and sometimes live there for weeks at a time.

You're right about the volume of water going through your system with an
electric pump, it can mean many re-fills of your aquaroll,. That's what
happens in our other caravan.

Mary

Mary

Old September 13th 05, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Shaun Robertson

Mary Fisher wrote:
Have you considered going to a caravan breaker and getting a foot pump? We
have one in our 10' caravan and sometimes live there for weeks at a time.

You're right about the volume of water going through your system with an
electric pump, it can mean many re-fills of your aquaroll,. That's what
happens in our other caravan.

Thanks Mary. That would be the ideal option - no worries about the
battery going flat with a foot pump! Unfortunately, siting of a foot
pump in front of the kitchen unit would mean quite a long travel for
the water pipes, including horizontally through the bottom of a
cupboard to the outside of the van. Am I right to be worried about
standing water left in the pipes?

On the other hand, a watermaster socket could be sited directly below
and behind the sink, but as I said my concern about that method is if
the pumps deliver too much pressure for a small sink unit...

Cheers
Shaun

Old September 14th 05, 07:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

FWIW, Towsure have Whale footpumps brand-new for 23. However, I have no
idea about the flowrate.

See http://www.towsure.com/default.asp?c=BP2

An Ace caravan that I owned back in the mid-eighties had a foot/electric
pump. This had a manual pump like the one above except that it included a
foot switch to operate an inline electric pump. So, if you had 12v
available you could use the inline pump, but if you were on gas only you
could use the footpump. That said, I haven't seen one of those for years
(but then I also haven't seen a caravan with gas lighting for years!)

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

Old September 14th 05, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

That said, I haven't seen one of those for years
(but then I also haven't seen a caravan with gas lighting for years!)

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

Geoff

You should know that Mary has a caravan with gas and mentals in it.

Perhaps she should go down to Cornwall and remind you what "Old Fashioned" things
look like.

DieSea

OOOOOOOOOps sorry that should have read Mantle

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0537-0, 12/09/2005
Tested on: 14/09/2005 10:38:13

Old September 14th 05, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:38:12 +0100, "DieSea"
wrote:

You should know that Mary has a caravan with gas and mentals in it.

Ha ha! I do hope that's a typo!

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone