idiots from towsure

Old August 14th 03, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Cliff Goldsmith

Default idiots from towsure

I had ordered a fitting kit from Towsure for a Renault Laguna towbar, paid
next day carriage because I needed to have the towbar fitted
tomorrow(Friday)because we are going away Friday night. Sure enough it came
today, as they said it would. IT WAS A BLOODY FITTING KIT FOR A ROOF RACK
put a right spanner in the workings of a good holiday. what will I do now?

---

Old August 14th 03, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jez Harper

"Cliff Goldsmith" wrote in message
I had ordered a fitting kit from Towsure for a Renault Laguna towbar, paid
next day carriage because I needed to have the towbar fitted
tomorrow(Friday)because we are going away Friday night. Sure enough it

came
today, as they said it would. IT WAS A BLOODY FITTING KIT FOR A ROOF

RACK
put a right spanner in the workings of a good holiday. what will I do now?

find a towbar fitter with the necessary kit for the laguna and get them to
fit it....or stay at home

Or, have you got a friend with a towbar on their car that you might be able
to borrow for the weekend?

Old August 14th 03, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Cliff Goldsmith tried to scribble ...

I had ordered a fitting kit from Towsure for a Renault Laguna towbar,
paid next day carriage because I needed to have the towbar fitted
tomorrow(Friday)because we are going away Friday night. Sure enough
it came today, as they said it would. IT WAS A BLOODY FITTING KIT
FOR A ROOF RACK put a right spanner in the workings of a good
holiday. what will I do now?

It's gotta be said - Weren't you cutting it a bit fine with the tow bar
fitting ?

Personally, I just take the car to a reputable towbar installer and pay up.
It's normally done in a few hours, and there _is_ a warranty on the work.
May cost a little more, but it's far more convenient than DIYing such a
safety critical item ..

Course, the older Landrovers we just weld the bars onto the chassis, that
way they can also be used as snatch recovery points ...

--
.............................Paul - xxx
Seti 1877 wu in 14298 hours

Old August 14th 03, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Barleycorn tried to scribble ...

Course, the older Landrovers we just weld the bars onto the chassis,
that way they can also be used as snatch recovery points ...

You mean you can't drive a Landrover without getting stuck?!!! ;-)

Jeez .. the whole _point_ about driving a Landrover is to try to get stuck
in it ..

Old August 14th 03, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Cliff Goldsmith

the towbar was taken off the car I am putting it back on
I bought the car and the guy gave me the towbar what he had taken off only a
couple of days earlier. he took it off because he was going fit it on his
new car but I told him I wouldn't have the car unless he gave me the towbar.
all I wanted was a new fitting kit to make sure it was fitted safely and
correctly

Old August 14th 03, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Paul - xxx
writes
Barleycorn tried to scribble ...

Course, the older Landrovers we just weld the bars onto the chassis,
that way they can also be used as snatch recovery points ...

You mean you can't drive a Landrover without getting stuck?!!! ;-)

Jeez .. the whole _point_ about driving a Landrover is to try to get stuck
in it ..

Exactly. And the measure of how stuck you are is the number of hours it
takes to get unstuck.
--
hugh
Reply to address is valid
Old August 15th 03, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GrahamW

Paul - xxx wrote in message
Course, the older Landrovers we just weld the bars onto the chassis, that
way they can also be used as snatch recovery points ...

Type Approved British Standard welded bars on the chassis of course ;-))

Old August 19th 03, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

You mean you can't drive a Landrover without getting stuck?!!! ;-)

Jeez .. the whole _point_ about driving a Landrover is to try to get stuck
in it ..

I'm obviously a useless little woman, I could never do it :-(

Mary

Old August 22nd 03, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

You mean you can't drive a Landrover without getting stuck?!!! ;-)

Jeez .. the whole _point_ about driving a Landrover is to try to get stuck
in it ..

I'm obviously a useless little woman, I could never do it :-(

Mary

Then your obviously not trying.
--
hugh
Reply to address is valid
Old August 22nd 03, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

I'm obviously a useless little woman, I could never do it :-(

Mary

Then your obviously not trying.

Apparently I'm VERY trying at times ...

Mary