Question on arials

Old September 19th 05, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
wally

Default Question on arials

I need to get a new TV arial and am looking at the two
listed below, are they any good and which one is the best ??
or maybe someone could recommend something better
---

Maxview Omnimax TV / Radio Antenna
is a omni-directional aerial designed to receive all available UHF TV and VHF/FM
signals through 360 degrees.
Features a variable gain booster and comes complete with 5 meters of coaxial
cable and accessories. 12/24 volt power is required to operate this aerial.
B2344
59.95
-------
Vision Plus Status Omni-Directional TV Antenna
***WEB SPECIAL***
The UK's Leading Omni-Directional TV Antenna !
Receives all TV and FM transmissions throughout the world.
The Status offers three fitting options as standard, 1) can be either permanetly
fitted 2) mounted on a 25mm mast 3) using suction pad base for a non perment
fitting. Comes complete with power pack and fitting instructions.
T300
77.50

--
Wally

Old September 19th 05, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"wally" wrote in message
[...]

As long as you understand this type of aerial is omni-directional and what
that means compared to a directional one thats OK for these types.

But as we approach all digital TV I would give some thought towards a
direction aerial with its advantages of extra signal strength. Its
disadvantage of course is one as to get it pionting in the right direction.

Please reply to News Group

Old September 19th 05, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
wally

As long as you understand this type of aerial is omni-directional and what
that means compared to a directional one thats OK for these types.

But as we approach all digital TV I would give some thought towards a
direction aerial with its advantages of extra signal strength. Its
disadvantage of course is one as to get it pionting in the right direction.

Please reply to News Group

Thanks for the reply David, I was thinking of a directional one
but don't you have to have a different one for different areas ?

Wally

Old September 19th 05, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"wally" wrote in message

Thanks for the reply David, I was thinking of a directional one
but don't you have to have a different one for different areas ?

At home one would have the correct group aerial for your local transmitter.
For caravan use one would buy a 'wideband' which covers all, so not quite as
good as a correct group one.

Please reply to News Group

Old September 19th 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
wally

"David" wrote in message

"wally" wrote in message

Thanks for the reply David, I was thinking of a directional one
but don't you have to have a different one for different areas ?

At home one would have the correct group aerial for your local transmitter.
For caravan use one would buy a 'wideband' which covers all, so not quite as
good as a correct group one.
--

I didn't know there was one for all areas, I'll look into it.

Thank you

Wally

Old September 19th 05, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

"wally" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message

"wally" wrote in message

Thanks for the reply David, I was thinking of a directional one
but don't you have to have a different one for different areas ?

At home one would have the correct group aerial for your local

transmitter.
For caravan use one would buy a 'wideband' which covers all, so not

quite as
good as a correct group one.
--

I didn't know there was one for all areas, I'll look into it.

Thank you

Wally

I bought an arial that sticks on the van with 3 suckers, cost 15 works a
treat where ever I've been in England or Scotland
Happy viewing