BA--1200 tyre pressures / spec?

Old September 20th 05, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T i m

Default BA--1200 tyre pressures / spec?

Hi All,

Sorry to start a new tyre pressures thread but ... ;-)

A friend runs a small garage and had just repaired (replaced) the
entine hydraulic braking system on his friends recently purchased
Bonair BA-1200 .. 'thing' (popfoldcampvan?) ;-)

When the guy brought it in the tyres looked (to me) 'very soft' and
upon inspection were only around 30 psi (compared even with my Rapido
Confortmatic seemed a bit low).

I don't belive he got a users manual with it nor does there appear to
be any weight markings to be seen (two issues for him to sort out I
know).

I believe he had new tyres fitted as part of the sale and they a

155/70R12's (I forgot to note the service description and speed rating
doh!) with:
Tread: 2 Rayon, 2 Steel, 1 Nylon
Sidewall: 2 Rayon.

I think my mate took them up to 40 psi before they started to 'look
right'?

Does anyone have the manufacturers pressures for this model (and or
could scan the technical pages and e-mail to me please)?

All the best ..

T i m

Old September 20th 05, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
etomd

"T i m" wrote in message
[...]

Ask on the Bonair owners site. ie

http://pub41.bravenet.com/forum/show...67332476&cpv=1

Old September 20th 05, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

T i m wrote:

I believe he had new tyres fitted as part of the sale and they a

155/70R12's (I forgot to note the service description and speed rating
doh!) with:
Tread: 2 Rayon, 2 Steel, 1 Nylon
Sidewall: 2 Rayon.

I think my mate took them up to 40 psi before they started to 'look
right'?

Does anyone have the manufacturers pressures for this model (and or
could scan the technical pages and e-mail to me please)?

All the best ..

T i m

The correct pressure is a function *both* of the tyre *and* of the
application.

The markings on the tyre should include a Load Index letter** - which
specifies a maximum permitted load - and there will also probably be an
indication of the required pressure at max load.

However, if the actual weight of the trailer is less than the maximum which
the tyres can carry, the pressure needs to be reduced accordingly.

** See http://www.ntta.co.uk/law/trailers/tyres.htm

--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old September 20th 05, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T i m

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:06:19 +0100, "etomd" [email protected] wrote:

Does anyone have the manufacturers pressures for this model (and or
could scan the technical pages and e-mail to me please)?

All the best ..

T i m

Ask on the Bonair owners site. ie

http://pub41.bravenet.com/forum/show...67332476&cpv=1

Thanks for that,

I had found the club / forum but hadn't posted a question there.

All the best ..

T i m

Old September 20th 05, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T i m

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:04:48 +0100, "Hitch Lock"
wrote:

Does anyone have the manufacturers pressures for this model (and or
could scan the technical pages and e-mail to me please)?

The correct pressure is a function *both* of the tyre *and* of the
application.

Indeed .. I had read some of your other replies on similar questions
;-)

The markings on the tyre should include a Load Index letter** - which
specifies a maximum permitted load - and there will also probably be an
indication of the required pressure at max load.

There was .. 60 psi for 500 kg or summat?

However, if the actual weight of the trailer is less than the maximum which
the tyres can carry,

Let's hope ;-)

the pressure needs to be reduced accordingly.

Understood.

** See http://www.ntta.co.uk/law/trailers/tyres.htm

Thanks for that HL ..

All the best ..