Bigfoot Motor mover

Old September 20th 05, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sue

Default Bigfoot Motor mover

Hi hope you experienced folk can help? we've recently purchased a Pennine
Pathfinder folding camper and we are considering buying the Bigfoot mover to
get it up our sloping drive and then over our grass. We've opted for this
model as it seems with the 'Tractor' type tire it will do the job best.
One thing that I would like to know is has anyone any experience/advice on
using this mover and what type of power would you recommend?
In the brochure it looks like most people using the mover opted for a
separate battery placed on the A frame to power the unit also available (at
extra cost) is an inbuilt re-chargeable battery pack which it says is good
for a couple of outings (not sure how long) has anyone any opinion or advice
on the power to use for the Bigfoot?
Thanks
Sue

Old September 24th 05, 12:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:33:26 +0100, "Sue"
wrote:

Hi hope you experienced folk can help? we've recently purchased a Pennine
Pathfinder folding camper and we are considering buying the Bigfoot mover to
get it up our sloping drive and then over our grass. We've opted for this
model as it seems with the 'Tractor' type tire it will do the job best.
One thing that I would like to know is has anyone any experience/advice on
using this mover and what type of power would you recommend?
In the brochure it looks like most people using the mover opted for a
separate battery placed on the A frame to power the unit also available (at
extra cost) is an inbuilt re-chargeable battery pack which it says is good
for a couple of outings (not sure how long) has anyone any opinion or advice
on the power to use for the Bigfoot?
Thanks
Sue

I've been using a MotorMover for several years now. Although mine's
the solid tyre model, not the Bigfoot version, it's still a weighty
piece of kit to cart around. Personally I would have thought that the
weight of the mover and a substantial battery pack would make the kit
very heavy for portability. I place the old car battery I use for the
mover, on the A frame - works for me!

As an aside, I recently borrowed my B-I-Law's pneumatic tyre model
mover - not the wide tyre though - just to see if the traction was any
better than my solid tyre model on old and crumbling tarmac.

Strangely, there was no detectable difference in traction - both
continue to remove worn areas of tarmac. However, I'm the having the
drive block paved very soon.

Neil

Old September 24th 05, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sue

[...]

Hi Neil
Thanks for the reply and your experience, we've got someone coming to
demonstrate the Bigfoot for us so hopefully we'll find out if it can do the
job.
As you say the extra fitted battery pack would add extra weight, it seems
that most people use an extra leisure/car battery on the A frame so this
seems our best option as we only need to use the mover at home to get it up
our drive.
Thanks again
Sue