Static Caravans

Old September 21st 05, 12:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
killie

Default Static Caravans

If I have sent this to the wrong ng as I see the topics are mainly tourers,
then hopefully some kind soul can point me in the right direction.
My son is looking to buy a used static caravan in the west of Scotland up to
the value of 12.000. Does anyone know of a site that will give you the
market valuie of a static similar to Glass's guide for cars.
Any other sites with tips/info on what to watch for when buying a static
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Killie

Old September 21st 05, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stumo

Yes don't do it - they lose around 30% of value per year and are really hard
to sell if you get fed up of the location. My advice buy a tourer instead,
you can always leave it in one spot for a season if you want.

. ..

Old September 21st 05, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:37:11 +0100, "Stumo"
wrote:

| Yes don't do it - they lose around 30% of value per year and are really hard
| to sell if you get fed up of the location. My advice buy a tourer instead,
| you can always leave it in one spot for a season if you want.

Most touring sites have a 28 day limit on stay, so you can move to a new
every 28 days, then back again, and so on.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
"Intelligent Design?" my knees say *not*.
Old September 21st 05, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old September 21st 05, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
mindwipe

wrote:

| Yes don't do it - they lose around 30% of value per year and are really
hard
| to sell if you get fed up of the location. My advice buy a tourer
instead,
| you can always leave it in one spot for a season if you want.

Most touring sites have a 28 day limit on stay, so you can move to a new
every 28 days, then back again, and so on.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
"Intelligent Design?" my knees say *not*.
"Intelligent Design?" my back says *not*.

we bought a static
best thing to do if you find a site you like is to get out and talk to
people who are on there
the one i am on is nice and quiet and suits us to the ground
also be prepared to haggle on the van
i knocked 2000 off the asking price for mine and he gave in
realistically this is a good time of year to buy but make sure you ask for
next years ground rates thrown in and check locally on the rates at diff
sites

Old September 21st 05, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
mindwipe

Old September 21st 05, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

Don't forget about the midges on the west coast m8, they can spoil your
holiday !!!!!

Old September 21st 05, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty