x trail sve seats and towing capability

Old September 24th 05, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default x trail sve seats and towing capability

Hi..we are considering buying an x trail sve, my wife has a spine
problem and needs a good car seat, is the passenger seat on the sve
height adjustable, are they comfortable over long trips and is the sve
with 16 wheels a softer ride than the sport?

finally how have owners of post march 05 cars with the 2.2 diesel got
on towing, I have a 1200k caravan, fuel mpg etc

your opinions valued

Phil

Old September 24th 05, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Krikey

wrote in message oups.com...
Hi..we are considering buying an x trail sve, my wife has a spine
problem and needs a good car seat, is the passenger seat on the sve
height adjustable, are they comfortable over long trips?

The passenger seat on our X-Trail (SVE 2.2 diesel) can only be adjusted forwards/backwards plus the angle of the backrest can be changed.
It might be worth asking if a drivers seat can be installed for the passenger as well, as it adjusts forward/backward, up/down, has changeable backrest angle, also the seat can be angled to give a comfortable knee-roll angle and finally, the backrest has an inbuilt changeable lumbar support.

We have found the X-Trail to be a very comfortable car to travel in.

is the sve with 16 wheels a softer ride than the sport?

Can't help with this.

finally how have owners of post march 05 cars with the 2.2 diesel got
on towing, I have a 1200k caravan, fuel mpg etc

Our car is April 2004 but I expect the 2005 models perform similarly (if not better). We tow a 1200 (-ish) kg caravan and the X-Trail tows it like a dream. We recently took the 'van to Provence and back, doing around 1800 miles towing in total. No problems at all. Mpg (towing) tends to be around the 30 mark. Towing on motorways at 60mph in 6th gear is normal and easily attained. After owning the car for 18 months, we have absolutely no complaints to make about it.

Old September 24th 05, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sammy Arbuthnot

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi..we are considering buying an x trail sve, my wife has a spine
problem and needs a good car seat, is the passenger seat on the sve
height adjustable, are they comfortable over long trips and is the sve
with 16 wheels a softer ride than the sport?

finally how have owners of post march 05 cars with the 2.2 diesel got
on towing, I have a 1200k caravan, fuel mpg etc

your opinions valued

Phil

I purchased a 2005 X-Trail 2.2 DCI SVE in March and have covered 12,000
miles to-date. Just completed a tour of Scotland up the west coast to Dunnet
Head/John O Groats and down the East coast to Edinburgh and back to Northern
Ireland towing an Abbey Vogue GTS which has a MTPLM of approximately 1460
kgs with the carver mover fitted. Very economical both towing and solo. 30
to 35 mpg towing and 43 to 45 mpg solo. Tows like a dream in 6th gear, very
comfortable and the engine is reasonably quiet. I seldom use 5th gear as you
can easily change from 4th to 6th with ease. The passenger seat only moves
fore and aft, the back of the seat reclines a fair bit, both operated
electrically and the seats comfortable. We have been caravanning since 1972
and this is the best tug we have had over the 30 years plus towing. The
mirrors accept extension towing mirrors and electrically fold in while
parking or shipping. Good alll round view from the seats.

Very satisfied with the vehicle.

Hope this answers your query.

Sammy.

Old September 25th 05, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Thanks for the info, also thanks to Sammy, I'm going to try one this
afternoon, so I might have more questions later

Phil

Old September 25th 05, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Old September 25th 05, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi..we are considering buying an x trail sve, my wife has a spine
problem and needs a good car seat, is the passenger seat on the sve
height adjustable, are they comfortable over long trips and is the sve
with 16 wheels a softer ride than the sport?

finally how have owners of post march 05 cars with the 2.2 diesel got
on towing, I have a 1200k caravan, fuel mpg etc

your opinions valued

Phil

We have an X-Trail Sport since June 2004. So far done about 14000 miles
about half has been towing. Our van weighs in at 1325 kgs. Our (carefullt
measureds) towing economy varies between 23 and 28 mpg. Solo we have
achieved 40mpg on a long solo run but normal solo economy between 26 and 32
mph. I expect there is no diofference in ride between the Sport and SVE
which both have 16inch wheels. It really is an excellent towcar and
surprisingly swift solo!!!

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old September 26th 05, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Thanks for that Dave, we did try an SVE and the seats did seem better
for my wife than the sports,
Its now on top of our list, we justt need to find a nice 05 plate
exdemo at the right price

nice to here from you again, I see your still in the group, it must be
three or four years since I posted here

thanks again

Phil