How the hell does the spare wheel come off?!!?!?!?!??!

Old August 14th 03, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Will Hay

Default How the hell does the spare wheel come off?!!?!?!?!??!

One of my wheels is looking a bit shabby, and despite the caravan being
about 15 years old the spare is un-used, so I'd like to swap it.
Trouble is, I can't quite figure out the spare comes off.
It seems to be secured to a couple of rails that look like the front of a
sledge, ie. they're upturned at one end and span the full width of the
caravan.
I had a quick peek underneath and whilst didn't devote much time to it there
were two bolts underneath but having giving these a quick turn seem to have
sheared, ie they just turn and turn.
Is there any easy way?
Will

Old August 14th 03, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Will Hay"
wrote in message ...
One of my wheels is looking a bit shabby, and despite the caravan being
about 15 years old the spare is un-used, so I'd like to swap it.

However you get it off, have a new tyre fitted.
DaveK.