Liberation day is coming!

Old September 25th 05, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Anal

Default Liberation day is coming!

It's an ill wind, they say, that blows no good to anyone - and, happily,
the latest winds to blow in the US Gulf Coast region have brought
considerable hope to millions of UK motorists who can, at long last, see
a day approaching when our roads will no longer be clogged up with the
swaying creaking hen-houses that 'caravanner's' (that's a polite way of
saying 'Anti-social *******s') love to drag behind their petrol guzzling
vehicles.

For as long as I can remember, summer motoring has been marred by these
hideous contraptions as they clog of the roads and create enormous
queues of frustrated motorists in the wake of their funereal cortèges! -
but not for much longer, no Sir!

This years I seen far fewer of the sheds on our roads - driving even
more slowly than usual (if that is possible!) which, even though
infuriating, gave cause for comfort at the knowledge that their owners
were desperately trying to maximise their mpg, which means (hurrah!) the
cost of caravanning is hurting them, and it will take only a couple more
significant oil prices rises to finish the sods off altogether.

So, here's to the £10 gallon! - yes, it will be a bummer for everyone -
but, at least, the rest of us can derive comfort from the sight of all
those sodding caravans parked in driveways with 'For Sale' signs
forlornly fluttering in the breeze.

It's all over bar the whining - you've had your day, now it's our turn
to gloaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

--
Yep, that's right - I'm full of it...
Old September 26th 05, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Parry

"Anal" wrote in message

snip rant

May I suggest Sir moves to the Isle of Man, I believe touring 'vans are
banned there.

--
Steve Parry
K100RS SE & F650

(not forgetting the SK90PY)

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Old September 26th 05, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Steve Parry"

May I suggest Sir moves to the Isle of Man, I believe touring 'vans are banned
there.

--
Steve Parry

I'd heard that Touring vans were manned form the IOM

Then I've recently been that touring 'vans are allowed but there are no ferries
that have the space for touring 'vans

Unless you're a biker what's the IOM got.

DieSea

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0539-0, 26/09/2005
Tested on: 26/09/2005 14:38:46

Old September 26th 05, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"DieSea" wrote in message

"Steve Parry"

May I suggest Sir moves to the Isle of Man, I believe touring 'vans are banned
there.

--
Steve Parry

I'd heard that Touring vans were manned form the IOM

Then I've recently been that touring 'vans are allowed but there are no
ferries that have the space for touring 'vans

Unless you're a biker what's the IOM got.

DieSea

Oops

What went wrong , must have been the spell chucker

So I'll try again before someone has a go.

I'd heard that Touring vans were BANNED from the IOM

Then I've recently been told that touring 'vans are allowed , but there are no
ferries
that have the space for touring 'vans

Unless you're a biker what's the IOM got.

DieSea

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0539-0, 26/09/2005
Tested on: 26/09/2005 14:53:21

Old September 26th 05, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harpic

"DieSea" wrote in message

"DieSea" wrote in message

"Steve Parry"

May I suggest Sir moves to the Isle of Man, I believe touring 'vans are
banned there.

--
Steve Parry

I'd heard that Touring vans were manned form the IOM

Then I've recently been that touring 'vans are allowed but there are no
ferries that have the space for touring 'vans

Unless you're a biker what's the IOM got.

DieSea

Oops

What went wrong , must have been the spell chucker

So I'll try again before someone has a go.

I'd heard that Touring vans were BANNED from the IOM

Then I've recently been told that touring 'vans are allowed , but there
are no ferries
that have the space for touring 'vans

Unless you're a biker what's the IOM got.

DieSea

Lots of
Wonderful countryside,
Beautiful beaches
Peace and Quiet
Just what most of us caravanners really enjoy
sadly no touring vans.
and if you go when the TT races are on a fantastic carnival atmosphere.

Harpic

---

Old September 26th 05, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

Unless you're a biker what's the IOM got.

DieSea

Lots of
Wonderful countryside,
Beautiful beaches
Peace and Quiet
Just what most of us caravanners really enjoy
sadly no touring vans.
and if you go when the TT races are on a fantastic carnival atmosphere.

Harpic

Just got back from the West coast of Scotland

We found all that with out getting ripped off by ferry companies

Having said that the petrol prices were out of this world and the weather could've
been better

DieSea

Bill ( the Stress carrier ! )

The pheasant at Sorbie has changed hands again and food is no longer served

Thanks for the tip about the other site near Carnforth By the Way'

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0539-0, 26/09/2005
Tested on: 26/09/2005 15:36:16