Sat Nav

Old September 27th 05, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

Default Sat Nav

I want to get a reliable, easy to use and not expensive Sat Nav system.

I would welcome any recommendations.

Richard

Old September 27th 05, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:55:08 +0000 (UTC), "Richard"
wrote:

| I want to get a reliable, easy to use and not expensive Sat Nav system.
|
| I would welcome any recommendations.

What do you want to do with the proposed gps system?

If you want to go to Caravan sites and the like, which are listed with
National Grid References, make sure you get one which works with them. Tom
Tom inexplicably does not do OSNGReferences.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.
Old September 27th 05, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old September 27th 05, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

wrote:

I want to get a reliable, easy to use and not expensive Sat Nav system.

I would welcome any recommendations.

Richard

I'd only recommend Garmin (great products and customer service),
having just gone through this myself I would say the Garmin
StreetPilot C330 fits the bill 469 at Amazon delivered. This is for
an all in one unit with all maps on board including Europe and able to
navigate on a partial postcode search, such as EC1 1** etc.

If you don't need Europe and don't mind uploading maps from your PC to
the unit, and don't need postcode search then you can go for the C320
@ 359 or even the C310.

You need to look for good backup, regular updates and good customer
service so I'd say Garmin all day. Been using them for years on foot,
cycle and cars. I hope my new C330 lives up to the promise, cant wait
to play with it. :0

Old September 27th 05, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

wrote:

| I want to get a reliable, easy to use and not expensive Sat Nav system.
|
| I would welcome any recommendations.

What do you want to do with the proposed gps system?

If you want to go to Caravan sites and the like, which are listed with
National Grid References, make sure you get one which works with them. Tom
Tom inexplicably does not do OSNGReferences.

These are easy to convert in Autoroute Express which I would use to
cross check the route it gives anyhow. I wonder if anyone does
actually bother to verify the route these things are sending you on?
Old September 27th 05, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

Old September 27th 05, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Caravan Man

Hi Dave,

Do you know how to convert Microsoft Excal in to OV2.
for the tomtom ?,

Yours
Good Boy,
John
CC
C&CC

CC
C&CC

Old September 27th 05, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Caravan Man

Old September 27th 05, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Parry

"Richard" wrote in
message ...
I want to get a reliable, easy to use and not expensive Sat Nav system.

I would welcome any recommendations.

I have TomTom 5 on my Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC and on my Nokia 6600
mobile phone.

Both use a bluetooth GPS device to access the satellites

as per: http://tinyurl.com/a92fz this one

Both are very easy to use.

I use the Pocket PC version in the car and the mobile phone version on
my motorbikes.

Very simple and clear directions, excellent point of interest support
including speed camera database, free from

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/uksafetycameras.php

they have reviews of varying systems ie

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-mobile-5.php

another alternative from the TomTom stable is the all in one TomTom Go
device

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom...w-hardware.php

--
Steve Parry