Seasonal Pitches in France

Old September 29th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kate99

Default Seasonal Pitches in France

Has anyone any idea how I might go about finding a seasonal pitch on a
French site? I've looked at some of the online French campsite guides
but not found any info on seasonal pitches and I was hoping to find
some way of tracking down sites that offered them other than lots of
telephoning...

Old September 29th 05, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"kate99" wrote in message
ups.com...
Has anyone any idea how I might go about finding a seasonal pitch on a
French site? I've looked at some of the online French campsite guides
but not found any info on seasonal pitches and I was hoping to find
some way of tracking down sites that offered them other than lots of
telephoning...

Kate

Quite a lot of French Camping sites do a long stay tarrif. I think you first
need to find the site or a short list of sites and then look at their
websites. If they have an English button on their website I would think
someone there speaks English so you could always e-mail them rather than
using the telephone.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old September 30th 05, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Colloff

The message . com
from "kate99" contains these words:

Has anyone any idea how I might go about finding a seasonal pitch on a
French site? I've looked at some of the online French campsite guides
but not found any info on seasonal pitches and I was hoping to find
some way of tracking down sites that offered them other than lots of
telephoning...

Only about 1 in 10 French sites stay open all year, most of them the
established municipal sites rather then those that use the school
facilities for the summer.

In the Med. area very many people store their caravans instead for the
winter months. I rented a flat, but went down with the van so that we
had an easy journey there and back. I got secure insured storage with
access to the 'van for 5 a month (so we could 'borrow' missing items
like teapot, etc. from the van). John.

Old October 2nd 05, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kate99

John - any idea where/how to seach for French caravan storage using
internet?
David - thanks I've enjoyed browsing through your excellent reviews.

Old October 2nd 05, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kate99

Old October 3rd 05, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Colloff

The message .com
from "kate99" contains these words:

John - any idea where/how to seach for French caravan storage using
internet?

Sorry, no. I did my research in situ.

On second thoughts;
a) Try asking at the UK headquarters of camping holiday firms.
e.g. Eurocamp, Knutsford?
b) Try e-mailing\phoning any year-round caravan sites near the right
location. They may store on site themselves, but will know who their
summer clients use.

HTH, good luck, John.

Old October 3rd 05, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

On 2 Oct 2005 09:31:39 -0700, "kate99" wrote:

John - any idea where/how to seach for French caravan storage using
internet?
David - thanks I've enjoyed browsing through your excellent reviews.

Nicola

Search on 'caravan mort +fr' (without the quotes). This should find
something to suit.

Richard
See http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk for most things to do with
caravanning.
--
....and so, ladies and gentlemen, as the three-toed sloth of time dozes
in the rainforest of eternity, and the three toads decide to make good