Sites open at New Year

Old September 29th 05, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mark

Default Sites open at New Year

Last year we went away in the caravan for new year. It was a thoroughly
enjoyable event except for one thing.
The caravan site did not have a club house so we ended up in the local
country pub for new years eve. The treatment that we received I do not want
to experience again, we were treat like total outsiders, struggled to get
served at the bar, was told the free food was for the regulars only etc etc.
We would like to go away again this new year but we want a caravan site with
a club house for the New Years eve celebrations. Can anybody suggest a good
site with a club house that will be open for business over the New Year
Holiday. We are not to bothered were it is but would prefer anywhere between
Central England/ Midlands and the Scottish border

Many Thanks in Advance

Old September 30th 05, 06:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

While lots of smaller sites tend to be open at this time not many larger
ones with a club for some strange reason Holgates in Silverdale will be open
but you have more chance of getting a seat at the World cup final, try
Stanwix Park at siloth they stay open and have entertainment however the
touring park froze up last time we stayed 2 new years ago it got down to -13
a full aqua roll froze solid in the awning. I too would be interested if
anyone has any more suggestions ? My Brother who is more sociable than me
goes away with a rally club each year ( not for me) and they hire halls and
stuff and have a great time over the new year a lot of clubs do this, you
may like to consider this Mind you they probably wont be going this year as
it was the Rover Club I think. Quite amusing if they did it would probably
be full of Chinese people in very small vans.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old September 30th 05, 06:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
etomd

"Mark" wrote in message
k...
Last year we went away in the caravan for new year. It was a thoroughly
enjoyable event except for one thing.
The caravan site did not have a club house so we ended up in the local
country pub for new years eve. The treatment that we received I do not
want to experience again, we were treat like total outsiders, struggled to
get served at the bar, was told the free food was for the regulars only
etc etc. We would like to go away again this new year but we want a
caravan site with a club house for the New Years eve celebrations. Can
anybody suggest a good site with a club house that will be open for
business over the New Year Holiday. We are not to bothered were it is but
would prefer anywhere between Central England/ Midlands and the Scottish
border

Many Thanks in Advance

Try one of the many caravan rallies that use local amenities for a
celebration.......

Old September 30th 05, 06:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
etomd

"etomd" [email protected] wrote in message
"Mark" wrote in message
k...
[...]

Sorry tinkaspace did not read your reply to OP first.....to early in the
morning.....