Instability on Overtaking

Old August 15th 03, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

Default Instability on Overtaking

In article ,
says...

http://www.garethslee.com
| http://www.lapie.com

Probably not... You should expect a bit of buffeting especially as your
van draws level with the rear and the front of the bigger vehicles,
just as you would get were they overtaking you.

Harry (M1BYT)...

Remove the 'NOSPAM' in my email address to reply.

Free Amateur Radio Courses:-
http://www.ukradioamateur.org
Old August 15th 03, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bowtiejim

t...

http://www.garethslee.com
| http://www.lapie.com

Probably not... You should expect a bit of buffeting especially as your
van draws level with the rear and the front of the bigger vehicles,
just as you would get were they overtaking you.

Harry (M1BYT)...

Remove the 'NOSPAM' in my email address to reply.

Free Amateur Radio Courses:-
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

The trick to avoid the problem is not to steer awayf from the vehicle being
overtaken or overtaking, but to no more than barely twitch the steering
wheel into the other vehicle. I suspect this insures that the bow-wave of
the over taking vehicle then hits the back of the other vehicle at an angle
more approaching ninety degrees then would be the case if you had turned
away.