Hymer caravan keys

Old August 15th 03, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
pieter

Default Hymer caravan keys

Just a quick question re. Hymer caravans: do all locks operate with the same
key, or is there a second key for the water tank filler (i.e. for filling
with hose)?

The reason I am asking is that our new van comes with a second key for this
water filler lock, and I am told this is the case with all Hymer vans, which
seems strange.

When we first viewed the van the tank and filler were taken out to be used
as spares for another van. New ones were fitted before collection of the
van, which to me explains why we have two keys; this is not standard but due
to the fact that another filler with lock was fitted.

Any feedback from Hymer owners gratefully received.

Pieter Vroom

Old August 15th 03, 11:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:44:28 +0100, "pieter"
wrote:

Just a quick question re. Hymer caravans: do all locks operate with the same
key, or is there a second key for the water tank filler (i.e. for filling
with hose)?

The reason I am asking is that our new van comes with a second key for this
water filler lock, and I am told this is the case with all Hymer vans, which
seems strange.

All the locks should work on one key. I have a 2003 Hymer Nova and
that is the way it is set up, and every Hymer van that I looked at
last year at Lowdhams when picking what I wanted was definitely just a
one key system.
(remove the spam to reply)
Old August 16th 03, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Digger

I have a Hymer Nova and there is only one key,it sounds like a try on by the
dealer
Dave Willdigg