Noisy water pump - whale smartflo.

Old October 2nd 05, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris Hatcher

Default Noisy water pump - whale smartflo.

Hi

My new senator series 5 has the latest whale smartflo water pump and it
vibrates terribly, and is very noisy. I have checked and the pump is not in
contact with any surrounding woodwork. It sounds like a bearing has failed
as the noise is like a banging sound. Has any one else got one of these
pumps who could give me an idea of operating noise / volume.

I will take it to the dealer but any thoughts from this ng would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Old October 2nd 05, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin C

One of my friends has just bought an Avondale Dart, the pump, an inboard
self priming diaphragm type, has exactly the same problem.
He has improved it slightly by slackening off the fixing screws which seemed
to be overtight.
Best of luck
Martin C

Old October 5th 05, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ivan Andrusiak

We have precisely the same problem, in our fleetwood. A possible solution is
to include a further lower pressure pump within the system, that will pass
water through the 'whale', and use the 'whale' pump only for showering. The
other pump will then operate more quietly which is appropriate for hand
washing etc during the night which will not disturb others who are asleep.
We are with the dealer looking to carry out this modification shortly.

Regards