Portsmouth To Cherbourg and Lahavre No More

Old October 3rd 05, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

Default Portsmouth To Cherbourg and Lahavre No More

When Going to France we always used these routes, rang the CC today and was
quoted around 400 dearer ( ferry and site) for the Portsmouth to Cean route
ect. Looked at Poole crossing even more expensive. Even looked at Dover to
Calais alot cheaper but an extra 200 miles travelling.

I cannot see us going again in 2006 and wondered what others thoughts were.

Keith

Old October 3rd 05, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
La Croix Joreau

A french company has started doing the Portsmouth - Le Havre route as
from today. They are called LD Lines and you can check prices etc at
http://www.aferry.to//LD-Lines-ferry-ferries.htm
Prices don't look too bad

It seemed ironic to us with a gite business in the Loire Valley that the
crossing to Le Havre was closing a month before the Rouen to Alencon
motorway was opening, now it seems there is an alternative

John

www.lacroixjoreau.com - Cottages and apartments in the Loire Valley

Old October 5th 05, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Spanner

Tried to find out if they carry pets but they don't seem to reply to emails

Old October 5th 05, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Spanner

Tried to find out if they carry pets but they don't seem to reply to emails

Old October 8th 05, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ferg

Thanks John,

we were wonderiong how to get to LeEtang again. Hope the business is going
well.

regards

Ferg

Old October 8th 05, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
La Croix Joreau

Now this makes me wonder.

LeEtang being Etang de la Breche?

And did we stay next to you twice there?

John