Dunkirk

Old October 4th 05, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GJ

Default Dunkirk

I have been tempted by the Norfolk Lines special offer (138) for sailing at
sociable times next summer.However I have not travelled through that port
before, does anybody know if it is possible to stay overnight on the dock,
like Calais or alternatively is there a Camping Municipal or small site
within 30 minutes travelling time?

JSGJ

Old October 4th 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"GJ" wrote in message
I have been tempted by the Norfolk Lines special offer (138) for sailing
at sociable times next summer.However I have not travelled through that
port before, does anybody know if it is possible to stay overnight on the
dock, like Calais or alternatively is there a Camping Municipal or small
site within 30 minutes travelling time?

JSGJ

Municipal- Les Argousiers, Rue J Baptist, Charcot,Leffrinckoucke. Just 2kms
from Dunkerque.
My book says bit expensive for a night halt, E15.25 (2001).
There's another three within a few minutes too.
DaveK.

Old October 4th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 18:11:44 +0100, "GJ"
wrote:

I have been tempted by the Norfolk Lines special offer (138) for sailing at
sociable times next summer.However I have not travelled through that port
before, does anybody know if it is possible to stay overnight on the dock,
like Calais or alternatively is there a Camping Municipal or small site
within 30 minutes travelling time?

JSGJ

The overnight area has been reduced while extensive road works are
going on. Providing you don't mind parking up next to the arctics its
fine.

Lenny

Old October 5th 05, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"GJ" wrote in message
I have been tempted by the Norfolk Lines special offer (138) for sailing

at
sociable times next summer.However I have not travelled through that port
before, does anybody know if it is possible to stay overnight on the dock,
like Calais or alternatively is there a Camping Municipal or small site
within 30 minutes travelling time?

JSGJ

There are several campsites at Oye Plage which is just along from Dunkirk in
the direction of Calais. I have a couple of site reports on my website.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old October 5th 05, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"GJ" wrote in message
I have been tempted by the Norfolk Lines special offer (138) for sailing
at sociable times next summer.However I have not travelled through that
port before, does anybody know if it is possible to stay overnight on the
dock, like Calais or alternatively is there a Camping Municipal or small
site within 30 minutes travelling time?

FWIW I wouldn't book it at that price, this year they were doing 44 each
way and last minute bookings with P&O can be pretty cheap. I came home from
France in August this year with friends and they hadn't booked a ticket
back. They phoned P&O's booking line when half way up France and booked a
ticket for an evening crossing (41), turned up during the afternoon and got
on with no additional cost. The tunnel were doing last minute (relative)
cheapies as well. The secret seems to be don't turn up at the port and book
a ticket, you'll get stung, book it by phone a couple of hours before you
need it.

Rgds

Andy R