Volvo V40 Suspension upgrade

Old October 4th 05, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

Default Volvo V40 Suspension upgrade

Any idea where I can get a decent rear suspension upgrade for this
vehicle 2001 Diesel V40 as towing a 2 berth sprite alpine makes the
rear really sag. Yes it has been checked for nose weight and worn
suspension on car, just the Volvo sags with a van on and looks
horrible.

TIA
Old October 5th 05, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

Try your Volvo dealer for heavy duty springs and shock absorbers which
should be available. If they don't appear to be interested write to Volvo UK
for dealers who are interested. Or join the Volvo Owners Club where there
are quite a few guys who can tell you who to go to for the bits you need.
You can join from the website which is http://www.volvoclub.org.uk The
index page has a link to membership.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper,
Volvo Owners Club (UK).

Old October 5th 05, 07:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 00:24:12 +0000 (UTC), "Peter K L Milnes"
wrote:

Try your Volvo dealer for heavy duty springs and shock absorbers which
should be available. If they don't appear to be interested write to Volvo UK
for dealers who are interested.

Ouch, that would be expensive.

Or join the Volvo Owners Club where there
are quite a few guys who can tell you who to go to for the bits you need.
You can join from the website which is http://www.volvoclub.org.uk The
index page has a link to membership.

Bunch of bullies, heavily censored and many posts are locked these
days. No sense having a forum if you don't like what people say.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper,
Volvo Owners Club (UK).

Top posting is rude.

"Steve" wrote in message
.. .
Any idea where I can get a decent rear suspension upgrade for this
vehicle 2001 Diesel V40 as towing a 2 berth sprite alpine makes the
rear really sag. Yes it has been checked for nose weight and worn
suspension on car, just the Volvo sags with a van on and looks
horrible.

TIA

Get yourself a decent car like a Ford Mondeo 2.0TDI and you wont be
stuck with ****s.

Old October 5th 05, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

wrote:

Try your Volvo dealer for heavy duty springs and shock absorbers which
should be available. If they don't appear to be interested write to Volvo UK
for dealers who are interested.

Ouch, that would be expensive.

Or join the Volvo Owners Club where there
are quite a few guys who can tell you who to go to for the bits you need.
You can join from the website which is http://www.volvoclub.org.uk The
index page has a link to membership.

Bunch of bullies, heavily censored and many posts are locked these
days. No sense having a forum if you don't like what people say.

See the forum at
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/dc/dcboa...&select_forum=
and put censor into the search engine, bunch of ******s are still at
it.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper,
Volvo Owners Club (UK).

Top posting is rude.

"Steve" wrote in message
. ..
Any idea where I can get a decent rear suspension upgrade for this
vehicle 2001 Diesel V40 as towing a 2 berth sprite alpine makes the
rear really sag. Yes it has been checked for nose weight and worn
suspension on car, just the Volvo sags with a van on and looks
horrible.

TIA

Get yourself a decent car like a Ford Mondeo 2.0TDI and you wont be
stuck with ****s.

Work just got a new S40 or is it V40, cant remember and I drove it for
a day. Crap car and nothing like the old V40s, felt and sound like a
1200.

Old October 5th 05, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

Work just got a new S40 or is it V40, cant remember and I drove it for
a day. Crap car and nothing like the old V40s, felt and sound like a
1200.

Fords in drag these days a colleague's S60 just failed its first MOT -
front suspension bushes worn & brakes, the car has always been main
dealer serviced.
I think I'm being a bit unkind to Ford never known a Ford fail its
first MOT.

Lenny

Old October 8th 05, 12:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

Every car has it's knockers.

All the best, Peter.