Advice wanted on motor movers

Old October 5th 05, 06:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terry Birch

Default Advice wanted on motor movers

We are about to take delivery of a new single axle van weighing 31cwt all up
and we are looking for advice on a motor mover for it. I am not interested
in the powered jockey wheel variety. Can you please give us your pros and
cons on whats available and the approx cost fitted.
Thank you.

--
Regards Terry Birch
All e-mails & attachments are scanned for viruses prior to transmission.

Old October 5th 05, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 06:46:30 GMT, "Terry Birch"
wrote:

Can you please give us your pros and
cons

Terry - do a search on google - loads of responses...

http://tinyurl.com/9uhqs

Kind regards

Simon

Old October 5th 05, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Terry Birch" wrote in message
We are about to take delivery of a new single axle van weighing 31cwt all
up and we are looking for advice on a motor mover for it. I am not
interested in the powered jockey wheel variety. Can you please give us
your pros and cons on whats available and the approx cost fitted.
Thank you.

Not much change from 1000.
Essential for my relatives who have a new van which came with the ridiculous
new idea of 'assisted' handbrake.
Their driveway is steep downhill from the road. The previous van could be
eased down with gentle easing of the brake.
This one is either ON or OFF.
DaveK.

Old October 5th 05, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

"Terry Birch" wrote in message
We are about to take delivery of a new single axle van weighing 31cwt all
up and we are looking for advice on a motor mover for it. I am not
interested in the powered jockey wheel variety. Can you please give us
your pros and cons on whats available and the approx cost fitted.
Thank you.

--
Regards Terry Birch
All e-mails & attachments are scanned for viruses prior to transmission.

http://caravantalk.org.uk/forums/

The Powrtouch is far by the best apparently, I have just been quoted 890 for
a heavey duty model, fitted at home, 5 yr guarantee.

Steve