Mercedes Autotrail: Cracked shower tray ??

Old October 6th 05, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Howie

Default Mercedes Autotrail: Cracked shower tray ??

Hi all. Hope you can help.

We have a 1985 Mercedes Autotrail Navajo campervan. It is a great
van, however, the plastic shower tray has cracked. Does anyone
know if it is possible to buy replacements? Or... Is it possible
to have them re-cast or repaired?

Thanks in advance.

Howard.

--
Howard Coakley
e-mail... howarddot}coakleyatcoakleydot].codotuk
Old October 6th 05, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
johnh

There's a range of trays here - http://tinyurl.com/9qfyr

Old October 6th 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Douglas

"Howie" wrote in message
Hi all. Hope you can help.

We have a 1985 Mercedes Autotrail Navajo campervan. It is a great
van, however, the plastic shower tray has cracked. Does anyone
know if it is possible to buy replacements? Or... Is it possible
to have them re-cast or repaired?

Thanks in advance.

Howard.

--
Howard Coakley
e-mail... howarddot}coakleyatcoakleydot].codotuk
Skype ID: howie10 (get skype from www.skype.com)

At that age your best chance of picking the correct one up is via Autotrail,
but I suspect it will be slim.

There are people who are prepared to cast one-offs as long as you can get
the existing one out in one piece.

(Expensive, but the replacement is likely to last longer, being fibreglass)

There is someone in the Manchester Area (posted on here in the distant past,
and flagged in the press since).

A check on Google groups might find the reference.

Recent conversations in the trade indicate someone in the Newark area as
well.

Bob
--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old October 7th 05, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

the plastic shower tray has cracked. Does anyone
know if it is possible to buy replacements?

There's a couple on eBay. 36 bid last time I looked. Don't know if they're
your size.
DaveK.

Old October 15th 05, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Howie

Thanks for everyone's help on this (especially the link). I will
keep a look out and see if there's something ot there the correct
size.

Regards,

H.

Old October 15th 05, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Douglas

"Howie" wrote in message
Thanks for everyone's help on this (especially the link). I will
keep a look out and see if there's something ot there the correct
size.

Regards,

H.

Posted from results of a Google Search

Not the one I was looking for, but maybe a fall-back.

==
There is a plastics company in Bolsover, Derbyshire that is prepared to
make replacement parts for caravans on a one off basis to your own
pattern or original part.

The Plastic Works (Ltd)
M/D Phil Peters
Tel/Fax 01246 828117