Late Ferries....

Old August 16th 03, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Robson

Default Late Ferries....

Hi. We're thinking of taking a late ferry next week to France, towing a van.
We had to do it late because of waiting for spares for the van

Any suggestions for the best deal, given that we don't want to travel in the
middle of the night (we have young children).
Old August 16th 03, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jez Harper

"Paul Robson" wrote in
message ...
Hi. We're thinking of taking a late ferry next week to France, towing a

van.
We had to do it late because of waiting for spares for the van

Any suggestions for the best deal, given that we don't want to travel in

the
middle of the night (we have young children).

CCC and offering car and caravan +2 people from Portsnouth to Cherbourg for
195, kids are charged @25.

I like to travel at night because I have young children, a lot of mileage
can be covered whilst they are asleep and not saying "are we nearly there
yet" every mile

Cheers

Jez

Old August 18th 03, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ben Franklin

"Jim Archer" wrote in message
om...
Any suggestions to a young couple with a 6 yr old boy.Wishing to
travel to France and then to Northern Spain.We live in Glasgow
Scotland and have looked at the ferry prices.The seem a little too
steep.Would it be better to travel south and cross at the south of
England.Are there any convenient sites to stop over on the way south
from Scotland.We are members of the CCC.Any advice would be
appreciated.Jim.

It's a long journey to the south coast for you. Have you thought about Hull
to Zeebrugge? It's an over night boat journey but Zeebrugge isn't too far
from the French border, and you'll feel refreshed when you get off the boat.

I think the prices are comparable with the other routes, and I know P&O had
some special offers on a short time ago.

Ben Franklin