Avoiding damp

Old October 6th 05, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

Default Avoiding damp

A couple of mornings recently I've noticed condensation under the
cushions/mattress when I get up. I believe we all give out a fair
amount of moisture in the night - and I'm not referring to
incontinence!

I don't want to leave the heater on all night - so what's the best way
to prevent this?
--

Paul Rooney
Old October 6th 05, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ken Fraser

"Paul Rooney" wrote in message
A couple of mornings recently I've noticed condensation under the
cushions/mattress when I get up. I believe we all give out a fair
amount of moisture in the night - and I'm not referring to
incontinence!

I don't want to leave the heater on all night - so what's the best way
to prevent this?
--

Paul Rooney

Paul
we leave the sunroof open and a couple of windows on the latch, mainly as we
like fresh air when sleeping. If it is cold, we do leave the warm air on
overnight on a low setting, but we'll probably be labeled wimps for this!
Regards
Ken

Old October 6th 05, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Holmes

"Paul Rooney" wrote in message
A couple of mornings recently I've noticed condensation under the
cushions/mattress when I get up. I believe we all give out a fair
amount of moisture in the night - and I'm not referring to
incontinence!

I don't want to leave the heater on all night - so what's the best way
to prevent this?

Put a thick layer of newspaper under the mattress.

Alan

--

Paul Rooney

Old October 6th 05, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 21:04:55 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

"Paul Rooney" wrote in message
.. .
A couple of mornings recently I've noticed condensation under the
cushions/mattress when I get up. I believe we all give out a fair
amount of moisture in the night - and I'm not referring to
incontinence!

I don't want to leave the heater on all night - so what's the best way
to prevent this?

Put a thick layer of newspaper under the mattress.

Alan

Thanks - and to Ken.
--

Paul Rooney

Old October 6th 05, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tom Lea

Paul

I had this problem in the last van and solved it by using one of those thin
foam strips for under sleeping bags in tents, under the mattress.

That van had a solid board under the mattress, the current van has slatted
bars under, which I find don't cause condensation.

Tom

Old October 6th 05, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 22:45:29 +0000 (UTC), "Tom Lea"
wrote:

Paul

I had this problem in the last van and solved it by using one of those thin
foam strips for under sleeping bags in tents, under the mattress.

That van had a solid board under the mattress, the current van has slatted
bars under, which I find don't cause condensation.

Ah, yes! I have a couple of those for camping. I'll use them rather
than newspaper.
--

Paul Rooney