Satellite/TV External Socket

Old October 7th 05, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Default Satellite/TV External Socket

Pete said the following on 06/10/2005 19:26:

How easy is it to fit a Satellite/TV External Socket? I'm worried about
making holes in my caravan, and even more worried about drilling

through a
cable or damaging a structural component or something

I do plenty of DIY at home, but this is our first caravan and I'd hate to
cause any damage. I don't want to put the coax cable through a window or
skylight, so an external socket is going to be necessary

Thanks

Pete

I have used a domestic co-ax face plate and back box mounted in an
external locker - so no holes in external 'wall', just through the
plastic locker box, when in use cable is fed similar to mains hookup cable.

Roy