Abi Monza

Old October 8th 05, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mr.Pastry

Default Abi Monza

Hi we have a 1993 ABI Monza 400d special edition and the monza name is
wearing very thin on the front (top)and back of the caravan can you get
these letters anywhere and replace them Colin

Old October 8th 05, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On 8 Oct 2005 01:26:28 -0700, "Mr.Pastry" wrote:

| Hi we have a 1993 ABI Monza 400d special edition and the monza name is
| wearing very thin on the front (top)and back of the caravan can you get
| these letters anywhere and replace them Colin

As names/logos are on caravans *purely* to advertise the maker, perhaps
Monza will pay *you* to replace themselves. Worth a try anyway ;-)

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.
Old October 8th 05, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old October 8th 05, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

Dave Fawthrop wrote in
:

| Hi we have a 1993 ABI Monza 400d special edition and the monza name is
| wearing very thin on the front (top)and back of the caravan can you get
| these letters anywhere and replace them Colin

As names/logos are on caravans *purely* to advertise the maker, perhaps
Monza will pay *you* to replace themselves. Worth a try anyway ;-)

AFAICT, ABI went out of the touring caravan business a few years ago, and
Swift now sell caravans that bear the old ABI names (Ace, Jubilee, Award).
So, the original makers aren't available - but nice thought and one to keep
in mind for a lot more than caravanning!

If you're prepared to pay a bit for the service, most signwriters will be
able to help. Perhaps the easiest is to have them make up vinyl lettering
to stick over the original.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
Old October 8th 05, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

Dave Fawthrop wrote in
:

Old October 8th 05, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On 08 Oct 2005 09:13:30 GMT, Geoff Lane wrote:

| Dave Fawthrop wrote in
| :
|
| | Hi we have a 1993 ABI Monza 400d special edition and the monza name is
| | wearing very thin on the front (top)and back of the caravan can you get
| | these letters anywhere and replace them Colin
|
| As names/logos are on caravans *purely* to advertise the maker, perhaps
| Monza will pay *you* to replace themselves. Worth a try anyway ;-)
|
| AFAICT, ABI went out of the touring caravan business a few years ago, and
| Swift now sell caravans that bear the old ABI names (Ace, Jubilee, Award).
| So, the original makers aren't available - but nice thought and one to keep
| in mind for a lot more than caravanning!
|
| If you're prepared to pay a bit for the service, most signwriters will be
| able to help. Perhaps the easiest is to have them make up vinyl lettering
| to stick over the original.

But logos and Brand Names are protected as Trade Marks and the like, the
old names will still be protected. So a sign writer may be by a bit chary
about copying a Trade Mark.
Old October 8th 05, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old October 8th 05, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

Dave Fawthrop wrote in
:

But logos and Brand Names are protected as Trade Marks and the like,
the old names will still be protected. So a sign writer may be by a
bit chary about copying a Trade Mark.

Logos may be protected as trade marks, brand names may be protected as
trade names, logotypes (the graphical representation of a trade name using
specific font) may also be protected as a trade mark.

However, the OP isn't attempting to misuse the trade mark, merely to
renovate or restore what is already there. In any event, the trademark
owner is extremely unlikely to object, and if he did the trademark is
already applied to the caravan and so the only case possible would be one
of dilution, which is exceedingly unlikely.

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

Old October 8th 05, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Dunbar \(2\)

If you look in a boating magazine you'll find people advertising lettering
transfers in all sorts of fonts and style for boat names - you might well
find an exact match.

Keith

oups.com...