All year round sites - Recommendations please

Old October 8th 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Musicman

Default All year round sites - Recommendations please

Hi fellow 'vanners,

You may recall my recent posts and I'm pleased to say that the van was
collected without a hitch - if you'll pardon the pun ! Seems a shame to
leave the van sat on my drive until the season starts (with the exception of
a quick jaunt to East Horsley at the end of October) so I have the strong
urge to get away from it all.

I would like to take a few more breaks before April ( subject to school
holidays as we have a 4 year old child to accommodate too !) but find that
most places are closed by about November. Can anyone recommend a nice site
open all year round within easy reach from south coast as we are on the Isle
of Wight.

Go for it guys and gals.....

Kev.

Old October 8th 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Musicman wrote:

Hi fellow 'vanners,

You may recall my recent posts and I'm pleased to say that the van was
collected without a hitch - if you'll pardon the pun ! Seems a shame
to leave the van sat on my drive until the season starts (with the
exception of a quick jaunt to East Horsley at the end of October) so
I have the strong urge to get away from it all.

I would like to take a few more breaks before April ( subject to
school holidays as we have a 4 year old child to accommodate too !)
but find that most places are closed by about November. Can anyone
recommend a nice site open all year round within easy reach from
south coast as we are on the Isle of Wight.

Go for it guys and gals.....

Kev.

The Caravan Club has a site at Wareham (Hunter's Moon) and another one at
Brighton (Sheepcote Valley) which are both open all year. I haven't
personally used either site, but CC sites are invariably of a high standard.
There is even one on the Isle of Wight (The Orchards) which is open until
the New Year - but perhaps that's *too* near home?

One site which I *have* used many times - and can recommend - is the
Forestry Commission site at Setthorns (near Sway, just outside
Brockenhurst). It's a nice setting, in the trees, but there are no toilets -
so you have to use your own facilities. They *do* have electric hookups
though - so it's fairly easy to be self sufficient. That is open all year.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old October 9th 05, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 19:28:31 +0100, "Musicman"
wrote:

| Hi fellow 'vanners,
|
| You may recall my recent posts and I'm pleased to say that the van was
| collected without a hitch - if you'll pardon the pun ! Seems a shame to
| leave the van sat on my drive until the season starts (with the exception of
| a quick jaunt to East Horsley at the end of October) so I have the strong
| urge to get away from it all.
|
| I would like to take a few more breaks before April ( subject to school
| holidays as we have a 4 year old child to accommodate too !) but find that
| most places are closed by about November. Can anyone recommend a nice site
| open all year round within easy reach from south coast as we are on the Isle
| of Wight.

Very Good Idea.

Join Camping and Caravanning Club, the Big Sites Book lists lots, but read
the entry carefully, some sites do not take vans. BSB lists almost
everywhere that you can camp in the UK.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.
Old October 9th 05, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old October 9th 05, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Musicman

Thanks to both posters.

I am a member of the C & CC and have the 'big book'. Recommendations are
always welcomed though.

The winter's looking quite rosy after all.

I'll post again when I'm in need of more advise.
Why can't everyone be as helpful as the folk in here?

All the best

Kev (Isle of Wight)

Old October 9th 05, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Musicman

Old October 9th 05, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Oh no not HIM

Check out practical caravan this month, I think it has several listed but it
is by no means a comprehensive list

Old October 9th 05, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

| Hi fellow 'vanners,
|
| You may recall my recent posts and I'm pleased to say that the van was
| collected without a hitch - if you'll pardon the pun ! Seems a shame to
| leave the van sat on my drive until the season starts (with the exception of
| a quick jaunt to East Horsley at the end of October) so I have the strong
| urge to get away from it all.
|
| I would like to take a few more breaks before April ( subject to school
| holidays as we have a 4 year old child to accommodate too !) but find that
| most places are closed by about November. Can anyone recommend a nice site
| open all year round within easy reach from south coast as we are on the Isle
| of Wight.

The Caravan Club did a Flyer that came with the recent edition of EnRoute

It listed , in two sections , the sites which are open untill after the New Year
and also the sites that are open ALL year

Regards

DieSea

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0540-8, 07/10/2005
Tested on: 09/10/2005 12:31:09